Thread: For the guys that feel hard done by with the new law

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default For the guys that feel hard done by with the new law

First of all, I imagine some of you are enjoying the reprieve that you have been given and likely not retiring as early as you had thought you might. Good news for us girlies!

Now... for the guys that keep saying that its alright for sex workers as the finger is being pointed at them.

Take a look at this.

Working Indoors

Sex workers remain criminalised if found
    sharing
    the same house or

apartment with another sex worker as

they are considered to be keeping a brothel
    under the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences)
    Act 1993. In addition the penalties have been
    doubled to €5,000 and/or 12 months in prison.

All I ask is that you please stop telling the sex workers on this site that they are okay and nothing has changed for us, because until you are faced with 12 months in prison for trying to work safely I really don't think you have a leg to stand on.

In my mind this is where the new law shows itself up the most for not being there for the safety of sex workers. They know it is dangerous for us to work alone, but when the alternative is up to a year in prison you are faced with the devil and the deep blue sea. There are very few of us that won't be affected by this clause.Oh and if that isn't bad enough. Anyone caught outdoors soliciting or loitering can face prison for up to 6 months now on a first offense. It was third offense previously.

Something to look forward to!

Oh and one more thing. Out door workers now face an immediate 6 month prison sentence if they don't move on immediately on a first offense if found to be loitering or soliciting. The warmth of this bill just keeps flowing doesn't it? You get a real sense of care for the well being and safety for those involved in prostitution be it forced or otherwise.
    Last edited by Curvaceous Kate; 04-02-16 at 11:48.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

alcatel (04-02-16), Barney Rubble (04-02-16), casman (04-02-16), LazarusRisen (05-02-16), milkman (04-02-16), oldfool (05-02-16), pleasurekerry (05-02-16), Prickly (04-02-16), Rachel Divine (04-02-16), Sexy Sandy 69 (05-02-16), SteveB (04-02-16), tom rambo (04-02-16), TonyB (04-02-16)