Quote Originally Posted by Curvaceous Kate View Post
First of all, I imagine some of you are enjoying the reprieve that you have been given and likely not retiring as early as you had thought you might. Good news for us girlies!

Now... for the guys that keep saying that its alright for sex workers as the finger is being pointed at them.

Take a look at this.

Working Indoors

Sex workers remain criminalised if found
sharing
the same house or

apartment with another sex worker as

they are considered to be keeping a brothel
under the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences)
Act 1993. In addition the penalties have been
doubled to €5,000 and/or 12 months in prison.

All I ask is that you please stop telling the sex workers on this site that they are okay and nothing has changed for us, because until you are faced with 12 months in prison for trying to work safely I really don't think you have a leg to stand on.

In my mind this is where the new law shows itself up the most for not being there for the safety of sex workers. They know it is dangerous for us to work alone, but when the alternative is up to a year in prison you are faced with the devil and the deep blue sea. There are very few of us that won't be affected by this clause.Oh and if that isn't bad enough. Anyone caught outdoors soliciting or loitering can face prison for up to 6 months now on a first offense. It was third offense previously.

Something to look forward to!

Oh and one more thing. Out door workers now face an immediate 6 month prison sentence if they don't move on immediately on a first offense if found to be loitering or soliciting. The warmth of this bill just keeps flowing doesn't it? You get a real sense of care for the well being and safety for those involved in prostitution be it forced or otherwise.
SophieX will be very disappointed new bill didn't become law.

As for penalties have been
doubled to €5,000 and/or 12 months in prison, its only scare tactics being used here and first offence is just a minor affair but have know some judges to hand down 8 weeks imprisonment on first offence for girls sharing and everyone thought that was tough and uncalled for.