Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: need 10 posts? and similar issues on moderating your posts

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    Moderator required.

No Irish or dogs need apply.

This website has flown the coop and gone all foreign legion and international.

You sir are not foreign, merely weird.
    I'M NOT OF THIS PLANET, I'M ABOUT AS FOREIGN AS IT GETS!!!

*User alcatel has been banned by new moderator, ladiesman217*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

I'll be back.

As iphone 7.

Movin' up in the world.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by John Dunne View Post
    Just a quick question, regarding what could potentially be considered offensive material/language.

References for women, which, depending on the context, can be interpreted as mildly derisory/comical, where as, when issued directly, could be construed as blatantly offensive:
    "Bitch, Hoe, Trick, Skank, Slut, Whore, Hood Rat, Floozy, Tart, Wench, Muff, Pussy, Twot, Cunt - and one of my personal favorites, Little-Piece-Of-Chicken".

I raise this to evaluate this entire issue completely, in light of what moderation considers acceptable.

Now, as you can tell from many of those references, they do embody distinctly comical overtones.
    I think they can introduce a light hearted element to descriptions, which can be used to dissipate mounting tensions between posters, as can happen sometimes on internet boards.
    Used in a broad sense, like I mentioned, they can be quietly provocative, lending themselves to the instigation of better responses to thread or posts, or encouraging more forthcoming feedback.

As an example, I recall a former moderator here, SmileySarah, incorporated one such reference into one of her thread titles, and it received almost responses in kind, but all made in good nature, with absolutely no inherent malice.

Now - in contrast - if I were debating an issue with another poster in a thread, and, to emphasize a point say, I incorporate one of those references in the form of, "Do you understand now, you stupid pussy?".
    Or by example, say, amidst the discussion of a courtship gone wrong, a post is made along the lines of: "I bet if she pulled out of dick instead of a whip, you would have been down for the action, you lame cunt".

In the latter instances, despite the fact that I personally would continue to interpret such references in light-hearted/comical, good-natured-ribbing terms, I can also appreciate that some posters - which we can not overlook of course, because these are open forums - that perhaps have more tender sensibilities, could potentially take them comments more personally, and become upset at such references.

I suppose what I'm alluding to is that, the line may be thin, but I do believe there is a line there in terms of the degree one can go to in terms of incorporating these phrases into their expression on the forums, and basically - I'd like to establish where that line is.

Now, I had discussed this to some degree through messaging, with the senior moderator here, Floki.

Specifically the use by myself of one such term previously, when I was discussing an issue surrounding window prostitution in Amsterdam; I had used the reference, "Hoes".
    It would appear that, one or more forum posters had taken offense at this phrase, which resulted in my being issued an infraction.
    Now, having kicked the issue around with Floki a bit, he eventually correctly concluded the above: that I had written that phrase, not in direct reference to anyone on the forum, or even on E-I for that matter, but more so as a comical reference to the Netherlands based sex workers in central Wallen based Red Light District, that are often times known for overcharging, and attempting to scam their clients.

So, there's a variety of potential perspectives to be considered there.
    Without dragging the issue out any further, perhaps we could establish a initial minimal level of clarity, when it comes to these references being applied in relatively congenial fashion, versus, directly offensive/degrading or pejorative fashion.
    In short - as it says in the forum rules - this is a adult website. Can we at partially clear up the issue that, using tongue-in-cheek references like this, provided not directed at other users, or incorporated as a means to directly or actively insult other users, is not something that would necessarily incite or warrant a permanent infraction or ban in future...
    Try to stop being a king size prat and if you want to use humour try and remember the difference between that and actually insulting people,This is my first and last attempt to help you,I only offer this on the off chance you are so dumb you can't see it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by John Dunne View Post
    Just a quick question, regarding what could potentially be considered offensive material/language.

References for women, which, depending on the context, can be interpreted as mildly derisory/comical, where as, when issued directly, could be construed as blatantly offensive:
    "Bitch, Hoe, Trick, Skank, Slut, Whore, Hood Rat, Floozy, Tart, Wench, Muff, Pussy, Twot, Cunt - and one of my personal favorites, Little-Piece-Of-Chicken".

I raise this to evaluate this entire issue completely, in light of what moderation considers acceptable.

Now, as you can tell from many of those references, they do embody distinctly comical overtones.
    I think they can introduce a light hearted element to descriptions, which can be used to dissipate mounting tensions between posters, as can happen sometimes on internet boards.
    Used in a broad sense, like I mentioned, they can be quietly provocative, lending themselves to the instigation of better responses to thread or posts, or encouraging more forthcoming feedback.

As an example, I recall a former moderator here, SmileySarah, incorporated one such reference into one of her thread titles, and it received almost responses in kind, but all made in good nature, with absolutely no inherent malice.

Now - in contrast - if I were debating an issue with another poster in a thread, and, to emphasize a point say, I incorporate one of those references in the form of, "Do you understand now, you stupid pussy?".
    Or by example, say, amidst the discussion of a courtship gone wrong, a post is made along the lines of: "I bet if she pulled out of dick instead of a whip, you would have been down for the action, you lame cunt".

In the latter instances, despite the fact that I personally would continue to interpret such references in light-hearted/comical, good-natured-ribbing terms, I can also appreciate that some posters - which we can not overlook of course, because these are open forums - that perhaps have more tender sensibilities, could potentially take them comments more personally, and become upset at such references.

I suppose what I'm alluding to is that, the line may be thin, but I do believe there is a line there in terms of the degree one can go to in terms of incorporating these phrases into their expression on the forums, and basically - I'd like to establish where that line is.

Now, I had discussed this to some degree through messaging, with the senior moderator here, Floki.

Specifically the use by myself of one such term previously, when I was discussing an issue surrounding window prostitution in Amsterdam; I had used the reference, "Hoes".
    It would appear that, one or more forum posters had taken offense at this phrase, which resulted in my being issued an infraction.
    Now, having kicked the issue around with Floki a bit, he eventually correctly concluded the above: that I had written that phrase, not in direct reference to anyone on the forum, or even on E-I for that matter, but more so as a comical reference to the Netherlands based sex workers in central Wallen based Red Light District, that are often times known for overcharging, and attempting to scam their clients.

So, there's a variety of potential perspectives to be considered there.
    Without dragging the issue out any further, perhaps we could establish a initial minimal level of clarity, when it comes to these references being applied in relatively congenial fashion, versus, directly offensive/degrading or pejorative fashion.
    In short - as it says in the forum rules - this is a adult website. Can we at partially clear up the issue that, using tongue-in-cheek references like this, provided not directed at other users, or incorporated as a means to directly or actively insult other users, is not something that would necessarily incite or warrant a permanent infraction or ban in future...
    Small is beautiful.
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

Small is beautiful.
    She only told ya that to make you feel better,mate.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Floki (15-01-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Did something happen or is just out of the blue like?
    No offence bud,are you ever keep in the loop?

pm me ffs!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Did something happen or is just out of the blue like?
    Blue pill?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    She only told ya that to make you feel better,mate.
    Snow White can only speak the truth.
    Shalom/salaam.

Reviews

Snow White can only speak the truth.
    True,but he was shagging dopey,think about it,he got a shag,and sleepy was with you.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    True,but he was shagging dopey,think about it,he got a shag,and sleepy was with you.
    Yeah
    I'm a dab hand with the ol' rohypnol, alright.
    Shalom/salaam.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

bettercallsaul (14-01-16)

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast