Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What the fuck is wrong with British Media

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 50euro View Post
    I done college and if I wanted an English class I wouldnt have come on here, everything is shortened on the internet to speed things up, you is u and fifty euros is now 50euro.
    I was born in Leeds but live in Donegal and i'm not a git my 8 legged friend
    u can thank my post if u wish

okay laters
    The plural is Euro,no offence meant but while you are using that account please stop using euros,cheers.

Reviews

Back on topic,the media are looking for a reaction sometimes,other times they are just ignorant and they know the vast majority of their public are just as ignorant so it works for them,ya gotta love the general public.

Reviews

AhQUOTE=alcatel;1697167]Standard English does not have a '' You plural''.
    In Ireland, if speaking to more than one person, yous/youse can be used, as this banknote guy does. This usage is mostly confined to the northern third of the island and to certain Dublin working class accents.
    In Britain usage of '' youse''is largely confined to Glasgow and Liverpool(where large numbers of Irish arrived in the 1800s-neither place being renowned for cricket. Youse also made it to NYC and Australian working class accents, courtesy of poor Irish migrants in the 1800s also.
    In the south, especially Munster, '' ye'' is used in place of youse(someone questioned LDM217 's use of it a couple of days ago), but is getting more likely now to be restricted to slightly more older and rural people.
    In short 50euro is more likely a youngish, non-cricket playing, git from Cavan or some such place, than anyone British.[/QUOTE]
    Ah ballix, I grew up sayin you's & all that but then my English language teacher told us that the plural of you is the same. So was he a spoofer ? Only askin lak ??

Reviews

In official standard English, '' you'' is used whether speaking to one person or to many people. However most other European languages have a '' you singular '' and a you plural'' depending on how many people one is speaking to.
    Many regional dialects maintain this distinction in spoken English, especially in Ireland and in places where large numbers of Irish went to in the 1800s.This may partly be due to the Irish language having a plural for '' you''.
    100s of years ago '' ye'' was used in England if speaking to more than one person and it still lives on somewhat in Munster.
    Mainstream English only has'' you'' but regional spoken language has youse, ye, yez and in America y'all, you guys.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (09-01-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    In official standard English, '' you'' is used whether speaking to one person or to many people. However most other European languages have a '' you singular '' and a you plural'' depending on how many people one is speaking to.
    Many regional dialects maintain this distinction in spoken English, especially in Ireland and in places where large numbers of Irish went to in the 1800s.This may partly be due to the Irish language having a plural for '' you''.
    100s of years ago '' ye'' was used in England if speaking to more than one person and it still lives on somewhat in Munster.
    Mainstream English only has'' you'' but regional spoken language has youse, ye, yez and in America y'all, you guys.
    tldr my bad ,but..

Reviews

So in South Park when Cartman says "screw u guys" he's actually sayin screw ye or you's or yiz ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    tldr my bad ,but..
    Youse is illiterate or summat.
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

bettercallsaul (09-01-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    So in South Park when Cartman says "screw u guys" he's actually sayin screw ye or you's or yiz ?
    Guess if he was talking to one guy he'd just say screw u.
    And if he had been an Irish immigrant, he could've used the other options.
    Shalom/salaam.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    Youse is illiterate or summat.
    deedin I do be's

Reviews

Right I'm off to the pub so good luck you guys,ye ,y'all, yiz ,you,you's or whatever u prefer. Arthur is waiting for me !!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

bettercallsaul (09-01-16)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast