Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: General Election

1. Default

Doomed I tell you all doomed...... Doesn't matter who we elect things won't change. They never do for the ordinary man and woman on the street.
    Last edited by DrWho; 17-02-16 at 01:23.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrWho For This Useful Post:

alcatel (17-02-16), blue rebel (17-02-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho View Post
    Doomed I tell you all doomed...... Doesn't matter who we elect things won't change. They never do for the ordinary man and woman on the street.
    Well people are afraid of change and that is why voting FF FG and sorry to say Labour will never get you change, and when you say to vote for people before profit or SF all you hear is that they would wreck the economy, but they forget that this economy was already wrecked by FF and continued by FG and Lab so until we have a change in mindset .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (17-02-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    Can't see that happening cos if it does FF may as well start writing their own obituaries .

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    Well people are afraid of change and that is why voting FF FG and sorry to say Labour will never get you change, and when you say to vote for people before profit or SF all you hear is that they would wreck the economy, but they forget that this economy was already wrecked by FF and continued by FG and Lab so until we have a change in mindset .
    Very true. Irish people also tend to follow political parties like a soccer club. Regardless of performance we'll stick with them for life.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (17-02-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Can't see that happening cos if it does FF may as well start writing their own obituaries .
    well its either FF and FG or FG and SF (cant see that) or FG Lab and about 15 Independents which wont work or maybe FF Sf and 3 r 4 Indies, but FF says no way will they go in with SF but a lot of FF supporters would rather see them with SF than with the Blue Shirts.

Reviews

I think Joan Burton will lose her seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Final debate with just the 4 leaders tonight on rte 1. Can joan redeem herself, as according to the experts she has done the worst so far.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    I think Joan Burton will lose her seat.

Maybe she'll get a new job advertising here,she's quite a looker !!

Reviews

Or maybe go on a cruise - as long as the water's only inches deep !!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

alcatel (26-02-16)

Reviews

Does any resident have a vote ?
    Can the Poles go to the polls ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Does any resident have a vote ?
    Can the Poles go to the polls ?
    In the Rep of Ireland all EU citizens resident here can vote in local and European elections should they choose to go on the voting register.
    Only Irish and UK citizens can vote in general elections if they are on the voting register.
    Only Irish citizens can vote in referendums and I think in presidential elections.
    It is pretty well left to a UK citizen, resident here to go on the voting register.
    Irish citizens resident in the UK can also automatically vote there but 2 decades ago, when I lived in Britain for a while, I was badgered to go on the register by letters through the mailbox, primarily to make sure my community /council tax was paid, I think.
    Non EU citizens resident in Ireland can vote in local elections, should they choose to register.
    Last edited by alcatel; 26-02-16 at 23:10.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (26-02-16)

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast