Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tanya Tate

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    To be fair being on the Kilkenny hurling team is not really something that makes you famous or wealthy,it can make you a living if you are lucky.
    To be fair, it can make you fairly famous in Kilkenny.
    The wealth may have to wait til you become president of the GAA(or IFA) or something.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    To be fair, it can make you fairly famous in Kilkenny.
    The wealth may have to wait til you become president of the GAA(or IFA) or something.
    Famous in Kilkenny,I really would not want that as my epitaph if I am honest,my point is the guy might actually(he wont) be famous as in well known,only In this little country do people think or include Hurlers as famous.

Reviews

Only in the very recent modern world do people think fame necessitates being known or acclaimed on the other side of the world. For much of our history as people fame has had a more local meaning, often confined to the limit of the village. So if you were the only gay or the idiot you were famous.
    So in n Irish context, it is far from an oxymoron, to say 'a famous hurler'.

As an oft time denizen of this part of the world and without availing of Mister Google or being a sports nerd........ how many Aussie rules footballers, current baseball players or sumo wrestlers can you name?
    Yet try telling an Aussie that last year's winner of the Brownlow medal is not famous or a Yank that the current Baseball World Series holders are not a famous team.
    All politics is local they say.
    Fame too can indeed be local in its extent.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456