Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: 8th December

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northcider
    Posts
    1,807
    Reviews
    29

    Default 8th December

    Do our country cousins still come up to the big smoke to shop or is that another tradition that has died...

    http://www.dailyedge.ie/december-8-s...05462-Dec2013/
    What we do in life echo's in eternity

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr gear For This Useful Post:

    casman (07-12-15), Cosa Nostra (07-12-15)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,329
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr gear View Post
    Do our country cousins still come up to the big smoke to shop or is that another tradition that has died...

    http://www.dailyedge.ie/december-8-s...05462-Dec2013/
    Yep

    Just to look at the Xmas light like
    Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Midlands
    Posts
    3,863
    Reviews
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr gear View Post
    Do our country cousins still come up to the big smoke to shop or is that another tradition that has died...

    http://www.dailyedge.ie/december-8-s...05462-Dec2013/
    I'm afraid it is another tradition that has died,where i live now the nearby town has had two new shopping centres opened in the last few years,no need to travel to Dublin anymore,all the shops are here,where a few years ago there was feck all,,anyone i know doesn't bother anyway,no need too.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    393
    Reviews
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr gear View Post
    Do our country cousins still come up to the big smoke to shop or is that another tradition that has died...

    http://www.dailyedge.ie/december-8-s...05462-Dec2013/
    Feast of the Imacculate Conception, a holy day of obligation for Catholics. No school, but shops were open. In more recent times signified the start of "Operation Freeflow" to help ease Christmas traffic.

    Replaced by Black Friday and Cyber Monday,

    Used to signify the start of Christmas and the Epiphany on Jan 6th used to be the end.

    Not many Cribs in people's houses anymore either !

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Reviews
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosa Nostra View Post
    Feast of the Imacculate Conception, a holy day of obligation for Catholics. No school, but shops were open. In more recent times signified the start of "Operation Freeflow" to help ease Christmas traffic.

    Replaced by Black Friday and Cyber Monday,

    Used to signify the start of Christmas and the Epiphany on Jan 6th used to be the end.

    Not many Cribs in people's houses anymore either !
    Most people want to have sex without getting pregnant.
    Who wants to celebrate getting pregnant without the sex?
    Last edited by SteveB; 07-12-15 at 20:20.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

    Cosa Nostra (08-12-15), gameboy (08-12-15)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    393
    Reviews
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Most people want to have sex without getting pregnant.
    Who wants to celebrate getting pregnant without the sex?
    That would be an Ecumenical matter!
    Last edited by Cosa Nostra; 07-12-15 at 21:54.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cosa Nostra For This Useful Post:

    blue rebel (08-12-15), SteveB (07-12-15)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Most people want to have sex without getting pregnant.
    Who wants to celebrate getting pregnant without the sex?
    I think you're mixing up conceptions. This one is the conception of Mary, which I think was a good old fashioned conception.
    If the Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know it's Me.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

    Cosa Nostra (08-12-15)

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    393
    Reviews
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    I think you're mixing up conceptions. This one is the conception of Mary, which I think was a good old fashioned conception.
    You're right, it's about Mary's conception, not Jesus. She was made imacculate ( free from original sin) at her conception.

    9months later, September 8th, we have the feast of the Nativity!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cosa Nostra For This Useful Post:

    irishdeltaforce (08-12-15)

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,731
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosa Nostra View Post
    You're right, it's about Mary's conception, not Jesus. She was made imacculate ( free from original sin) at her conception.

    9months later, September 8th, we have the feast of the Nativity!
    Blah ,blah, blah and all that.

    If you beleave in fables let me spin one for you.

    Mary spinned a story to Joseph because she was a slut & he was a muppet to beleave it.

    Virgin me ass!

    If you are offended by this sorry but I don't give a fuck muppet.

    Mary was a whore that spinned a story simple.

    Anyway none off this happened anyway.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to irishdeltaforce For This Useful Post:

    blue rebel (08-12-15), Cosa Nostra (08-12-15), TonyB (08-12-15)

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    393
    Reviews
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Blah ,blah, blah and all that.

    If you beleave in fables let me spin one for you.

    Mary spinned a story to Joseph because she was a slut & he was a muppet to beleave it.

    Virgin me ass!

    If you are offended by this sorry but I don't give a fuck muppet.

    Mary was a whore that spinned a story simple.

    Anyway none off this happened anyway.
    You need to visit Father Casey!!

    Is you insulted the Quran, there would be a fatwa on you.
    Last edited by Cosa Nostra; 08-12-15 at 10:24. Reason: spelling

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cosa Nostra For This Useful Post:

    irishdeltaforce (08-12-15), Escort AdvertiserSophieX (08-12-15)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •