Thread: Antoine Leiris post.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    I have taken the time to study the religion I am aware of the issues, i also know many Muslims from here and other countries who would not see themselves in what you have said. as to collateral damage this I agree. as to post colonial hand wringing etc i suspect this is more your perception/ bias than my words ,really do not know where you got that from. The Washington post has published a v similar article if you can believe that. The middle east has a complex history to say the least. Our meddling has not helped but its a wee bit too late now is it not
    Your assumption that all/many Muslims hate our way of life is quite frankly the worst form of ignorance. their are millions of Muslims who remain peaceful and integrated into society. Where is your evidence of this. When the IRA was bombing the UK most English people were sensible enough to know we were not all raging killers thankfully people making baseless assumptions were not given too much oxygen back then

Exactly how do you believe we can protect Europe a wall, more bombing to add to the 1 trillion dollars worth already spent. You do not address the refugees i note or are they all also to be turned away, perhaps you should try to think more creatively instead of the repetitive broken/wrong key thinking to unlock the problem nor do you address ISIl who have killed more Muslims than any others. To win this war with ISIL we need to not only defeat them but to do so in a manner that is seen by the majority of Muslims as self defense and fair.
    Hand wringing post colonial my ass seriously , but i do agree with your historical analysis of the region , just a shame you feel the need to place ill informed labels on others. BTW if the free movement of people is heavily restricted it will possibly put Europe into recession again I suspect that suits the ISIL agenda
    Where are they !!!?

The 'majority of Muslims' ?? Where are they ? : the Moderate Muslims ??

Why are they not protesting in the streets !? Why are they not 'ears to the ground' help to the local governments ??

Why ??

Hand wringing -- post colonial or otherwise - is exactly what's happening , and it's sickening .

No one !! : (no Nation , no collective of nations [UN] , not NATO (!!) in Europe seem to have the stomach for it.

It's a Fubar quagmire if I'd ever seen one . !

I'm just in from Brussels and France ;

Calais ... : is a ghost town. Local people have disappeared off the streets .

: No trade , no people walking on the street .

I've been through that town many a times by now -- there's a marked difference . People are scared . : Local people .

Drove from Croatia through Hungary , Austria , Germany , Netherlands , Belgium , France , UK and onto Ireland.

: the absolute lack of security is astounding !! The absolute lack of checks and balances is absolutely unthinkable !!

I drive a jeep : I very easy would have room for at the very least 10 ppl in my vehicle -- hidden .

Yet no one asked anything of me , no one asked for papers , no clear border crossings , no one asked me for 'sh*te' .

IN THE WAKE OF FRIDAY's events !!?

Who ye all , who are we all fooling ??

: Bad guys drove from Brussels to Paris , then back again , with no one the wiser .

: One of them came in through Greece and right through Hungary , to go on to carry out a major attack in Paris.

Remember all them 'refugees' forcibly breaking down the Serbian-Hungarian border in Sept !?

All the bleeding heart 'cake-at-the-station' do gooders , while the masses were shi*ting and pis*sing and

raping their way through the country .

I just shake my head at the naïveté and shortsighted point scoring of the few politicians .

It's at Your pain .

: in order to continue to be able to have free unrestricted movement of people and goods across Europe ,

Schengen Borders NEED BE PROTECTED !!

That's the bottom line :

letting all squandry haphazard persons cross right into Europe and then have them have the freedom to keep

crossing as they wish across Europe , and in the meanwhile commit crimes (terrorist etc. or otherwise) ,

is just not tenable !!

It s new day .. It's a new dawn ... And I don't feel god about it x
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (20-11-15), Cable87 (20-11-15), Vitruvian (21-11-15)