Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news from BBC sport site

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    The so-called Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attacks in Paris.

In a statement published online, the jihadist group said the attacks were designed to show France it remained a "top target".

The group claims it studied the target locations and carried out the attack using "eight brothers wearing explosive belts and carrying assault rifles".

The claim was issued in written format in French and Arabic, and in audio format, all via established IS channels, according to the BBC's jihadist media expert Peter King.

The statement claims that "eight brothers wearing explosive vests and assault rifles targeted carefully chosen locations in the heart of the French capital".

It goes on to call Paris the "capital of abomination and perversion".

"In a holy attack facilitated by Allah, a group of believers and soldiers of the caliphate – may Allah give it might and victory – targeted the capital of abomination and perversion, the one that carries the banner of the cross in Europe, Paris."

This is what they are fighting for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

2. Default

Thoughts and prayers are with Paris

3. Default

Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attacks in Paris

Reviews

My thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families. It's becoming one scary as fuck world with some seriously deranged fuckers. Where is it all going to end god knows.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoMan View Post
    IS dont speak for the majority of muslims, and unfortunately now all muslims are going to be tarred with the same brush which is very unfortunate
    The majority of them are as saddened by these events as us but as you say they have the added frustration of being treated like criminals due to their religion,I would guess it's similar to having an Irish accent in Birmingham after the bombings and look what happened there!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (16-11-15), zoozoozoo (15-11-15)

Reviews

Humanity shines through even in the darkest of times:

Pianist plays John Lennon's Imagine outside the Bataclan after Paris terror attack.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (14-11-15), Mister Anderson (14-11-15), KimeraRoss (14-11-15), tom sand (15-11-15)

On the news now it says there is british people among the dead
    Live and let live life is to short

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Melindablondey For This Useful Post:

bettercallsaul (14-11-15)

Reviews

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (14-11-15), KimeraRoss (14-11-15)

Reviews

Two of the shooters are believed to have passed through Greece in September amongst the refugees/migrants.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

A South African graduate has described in vivid detail how she played dead for over an hour after gunmen open fire at the Bataclan concert hall.

Writing on Facebook, Isobel Bowdery said:

It wasn’t just a terrorist attack, it was a massacre. Dozens of people were shot right infront of me. Pools of blood filled the floor. Cries of grown men who held their girlfriends dead bodies pierced the small music venue. Futures demolished, families heartbroken. in an instant.

Shocked and alone, I pretended to be dead for over an hour, lying among people who could see their loved ones motionless.. Holding my breath, trying to not move, not cry - not giving those men the fear they longed to see. I was incredibly lucky to survive. But so many didn’t. The people who had been there for the exact same reasons as I - to have a fun friday night were innocent.

Isobel described how the gunmen “meticulously” shot at the crowd “without any consideration for human life” after entering the concert hall during a show by US rock band Eagles of Death Metal. She initially mistook the gunfire as “part of the show”, she said, but realised the true horror of what was unfolding as dead bodies began to fall.

She added:

Being a survivor of this horror lets me able to shed light on the heroes. To the man who reassured me and put his life on line to try and cover my brain whilst i whimpered, to the couple whose last words of love kept me believing the good in the world, to the police who succeded in rescuing hundreds of people, to the complete strangers who picked me up from the road and consoled me during the 45 minutes I truly believed the boy i loved was dead, to the injured man who i had mistaken for him and then on my recognition that he was not Amaury, held me and told me everything was going to be fine despite being all alone and scared himself, to the woman who opened her doors to the survivors, to the friend who offered me shelter and went out to buy new clothes so i wouldnt have to wear this blood stained top, to all of you who have sent caring messages of support - you make me believe this world has the potential to be better.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

alcatel (15-11-15), Melindablondey (15-11-15), Naughtynatalie (16-11-15), smallcock (15-11-15), KimeraRoss (15-11-15), tom sand (15-11-15)

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast