Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control .

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Attachment 113711

Attachment 113712

What would you rather have your wife / Mom / sister do ? X

Alternative outcomes in this particular case .... ??
    The problem in America has got too big to be fixed.

There are too many guns already.........hence why guys breaking into a house are very likely to be armed themselves.

In America a woman home alone with a baby may need to keep a loaded gun in the same house as a small child

A very lucky lady obviously.................but there will still be 100 innocent people killed by guns for each case where the tables are turned on the criminals.
    Last edited by xagerate; 10-11-15 at 23:25.

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    Are you sure about that, I thought knives and the like were more prevalent. But what happens if they weren't armed , and then got your gun from you? Pity the next house they go to rob.
    You don't know me there is no chance the would get the gun off me,if the get by the Dog and Alarm the are fucking Dead,

Reviews

If they came in shooting, it stands to reason that they be met in kind with shots their way.

The right to self-defense, particularly of ones own home, should be respected, even if that means the right to use lethal force.
    Fighting the Good Fight...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

tom rambo (10-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tom rambo View Post
    You don't know me there is no chance the would get the gun off me,if the get by the Dog and Alarm the are fucking Dead,
    Last edited by tom sand; 10-11-15 at 23:48. Reason: sorry serious subject

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

tom rambo (10-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tom sand View Post
    Ha Ha,good one but Security is top off my list for my Home and also my work,

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tom rambo For This Useful Post:

tom sand (10-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tom rambo View Post
    Of course not, that could NEVERr happen now could it.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I would imagine that there will always be an argument for allowing the public to have a weapon for home/personal defence, but I have read somewhere else, that armed homeowners are more likely to have their own firearms used against them than by them.
    The article mentions that the woman involved was in the national guard, probably with quite a lot of training in stressful conditions. How many home owners with guns have this same level of training? Also, even with her training , she was shot at least twice, if that can happen to her, how likely is it that less trained individuals will have a similar or better outcome. Maybe having a safe room in the house would be better.

Spot on. In almost every recorded case of an armed civilian foiling an attempted shooting/hold-up it turns out the person has had extensive training with firearms in a professional capacity.
    We're more often than not talking about people who have had training dealing with the situation that they find themselves in.
    8 hours shooting at a gun range before being allowed carry concealed weapons is not the same thing, no matter how good a shot you think you are.

Reviews

Of course not, that could NEVERr happen now could it.
    It could but if you brake in to my House it will be a short meeting,lol

Reviews

I know a few people who emigrated to the states (separately/not from the same family)

Two of them now speak constantly about what guns they have/want to get

They never showed the slightest interest in guns when they lived here..........but it shows what happens when you settle somewhere where the situation has become so desperate that in many cases you feel naked unless you have one.

Im glad I can still rest relatively easy at night with just inputting an alarm code before bed

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    * North Hollywood -- my then boyfriend (an LA cop) was in the line of fire .. the whole freakingishly freaking long day !!!

I couldn't get a hold of him , I was watching the whole nightmare unfold on live television .

Oh yes , I Do remember that day x

(He was South Central , but I think they had EVERYBODY on the scene that day -- was unbelievable !)

They were Much better equipped ! Shockingly so ! But they were baddies with Kevlar body-armor , ready to die .

Most bad guys are not like so xx

: But this apples and oranges >> as someone (you ?) said , Ireland is not America x America is not Ireland

xx
    Pm sent to you
    " Thankful for those thankful for the things I did "

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast