Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control .

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Quattroporte View Post
    If I were the sort of redneck hillbilly that watches mass murder in the form of senseless shootings month after month and still holds inviolate "that thurr rahht to bear arms"
    then I'd probably be too busy fucking my mom and my sister to teach them how to shoot properly anyway.

Uf the answer is more guns, you're probably asking the wrong question.

I don't see anything wrong with one licensed shotgun per home in rural areas. Anything else, pistols, rifles, semi-automatic weapons, is stupid.
    You are right but I have 3 and all the family able to shoot by the time the were 12 years old,but not the wife because she might shoot me,lol

Reviews

Mandatory gun ownership for every man woman and child over 13? Complete with mandatory training for everyone?

Logic being if everyone's armed, everyone's safe?

Not somewhere I'd like to live. I'd choose to live somewhere else.

Honestly, I'd ask the question how the guy got into the house, why it wasn't alarmed to the hilt and what the price difference is between a gun/multiple guns (legally purchased and licensed) and a decent home alarm system?

Its a very determined thief that will continue to enter and risk detection once an alarm goes off, and in the case of such a determined thief, I think the outcome is going to be bad regardless.

My personal thoughts are, that since a friend in my school days was killed in a gun accident in the home (died playing with legally held family shotgun while parents were out of town) I will never tolerate a gun in my house. I have no quarrel with what others choose to do, but I will never allow a situation to arise where anyone could accidentally or otherwise be injured or killed through having a gun in the house.

But people will take the actions that they feel appropriate to protect themselves. With my stated principles above, if I felt a location I was living in had such a risk of invasion, I would move. Apart from not wanting a gun in the house, I wouldn't want to live in such fear.

All that said, I'm not a woman and can't speak for the scenario of being overpowered by a male attacker. This must certainly be opinion forming in the same way my opinion was formed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Attachment 113711

Attachment 113712

What would you rather have your wife / Mom / sister do ? X

Alternative outcomes in this particular case .... ??

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post

In the rurals area,s people need guns now for self protection, as their are now too few Guards in the country now.
    Too many old people are getting beat up inn their own homes.
    If push come,s to shove with me well my thinking is
    I,d rather be alive in jail than dead in a morgue
    Guns don't kill People,People kill People,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tom rambo For This Useful Post:

nibb (14-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tom rambo View Post
    Guns don't kill People,People kill People,
    Guns make it a lot easier.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    Guns make it a lot easier.
    but if someone brakes in to your house I would like to have more than the sweeping brush because most off them have guns,
    Last edited by tom rambo; 10-11-15 at 21:53.

Says it all really.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tom rambo View Post
    but if someone brakes in to your house I would like to have more than the sweeping brush because most off them have guns,
    Are you sure about that, I thought knives and the like were more prevalent. But what happens if they weren't armed , and then got your gun from you? Pity the next house they go to rob.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

lapd (10-11-15)

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post

In the rurals area,s people need guns now for self protection, as their are now too few Guards in the country now.
    Too many old people are getting beat up inn their own homes.
    If push come,s to shove with me well my thinking is

I,d rather be alive in jail than dead in a morgue
    We say : I'd rather be judged by 12 , than carried by 6 x
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

alcatel (10-11-15), willie wacker (10-11-15)

Reviews

Yes Stephanie that is in America not Ireland very few guns over here most of our police are unarmed where as in America you even have rent a cops who carry weapons so a lot of them get shot because baddies come armed.You remember the Hollywood shootout those guys were better equipped than patrol cops.
    Last edited by lapd; 10-11-15 at 22:52.
    " Thankful for those thankful for the things I did "

Quote Originally Posted by lapd View Post
    Yes Stephanie that is in America not Ireland very few guns over here most of our police are unarmed where as in America you even have rent a cops who carry weapons so a lot of them get shot because baddies come armed.
    You remember the Hollywood shootout those guys were better equipped than patrol cops.
    * North Hollywood -- my then boyfriend (an LA cop) was in the line of fire .. the whole freakingishly freaking long day !!!

I couldn't get a hold of him , I was watching the whole nightmare unfold on live television .

Oh yes , I Do remember that day x

(He was South Central , but I think they had EVERYBODY on the scene that day -- was unbelievable !)

They were Much better equipped ! Shockingly so ! But they were baddies with Kevlar body-armor , ready to die .

Most bad guys are not like so xx

: But this apples and oranges >> as someone (you ?) said , Ireland is not America x America is not Ireland

xx
    Last edited by Stephanie; 10-11-15 at 23:11.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (10-11-15)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast