Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dublin gay bars alone

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    Why would a gay bar not be safe if he is straight?
    Because if straight his drab fashion style and inability t dance might let him down.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

bettercallsaul (03-11-15)

3. Default

lol i can assure you i am not going there to cause probloms i am going there as i am alone in dublin and hoping to meet someone at least for a chat and a drink hopefully more

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tylero For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I actually have gay friends and I feel I have to defend them because they are not or would not be aggressive in any way to someone who is straight that would be in a gay bar.

You are implying gays would be aggressive to people who are not acceptant of them! Its comments like this that do damage to the reputation of the gay community!
    In his defence I think he was aiming at humour,I tried to get him to say that,hopefully he will at some point.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tylero View Post
    hi heading to dublin soon and was thinking about heading to a gay bar i have never been to one ever and will be alone is it a safe area and is there any point going alone?

also were is good to go and were should i avoid, any do and donts ?

sorry for all the questions bit freaked out about it lol

http://www.thegeorge.ie/

x

They say " home is where the heart is... I have to say that I'll be leaving part of my heart here
    Much love a affection to Ireland
    Your Sensual South American Dream

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Larissa Laurentis For This Useful Post:

alcatel (03-11-15)

Quote Originally Posted by tylero View Post
    hi heading to dublin soon and was thinking about heading to a gay bar i have never been to one ever and will be alone is it a safe area and is there any point going alone?

also were is good to go and were should i avoid, any do and donts ?

sorry for all the questions bit freaked out about it lol
    I've been to a few with a gay friend and some of his friends, and they're all safe regardless of your sexuality, don't mind the moronic comments. I found the crowd in the george and the dragon were a lot camper than the crowd in the front lounge and pantibar but all were fine and no way aggressive.
    I heard pantibar is always packed since Panti became so well known so depending on the night you may want to go early.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055821180

http://www.yelp.ie/search?cflt=gaybars&find_loc=Dublin
    Last edited by Quattroporte; 03-11-15 at 20:42. Reason: links

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Quattroporte For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    It may be humour but getting your kicks out of other peoples/groups expense is just a bit ignorant imo

Gay people were always at the end of jokes and its sad to see its still like this in 2015
    I don't think he meant it as bad as it seemed,as I said I expect him to clarify later.

But I agree in part to your post,that said we are finally in a more equal Ireland and I have gay friends that I joke with and some of those jokes would be seen like you said,not to them cause they know me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Flappy (03-11-15)

Reviews

I love going on the piss with my gay bud, all the hot straight girls swarm around him like flies around shit
    Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flappy For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    I don't think he meant it as bad as it seemed,as I said I expect him to clarify later.

But I agree in part to your post,that said we are finally in a more equal Ireland and I have gay friends that I joke with and some of those jokes would be seen like you said,not to them cause they know me.
    Yes Ireland is more equal unless you're from Limerick.
    Then you are treated like crap, the butt of cruel sulky jokes and continously having guys dumping cars full of clapped out i-pads here.
    Yes life is more equal, unless you are from Limerick.
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

bettercallsaul (03-11-15), ladiesman217 (03-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    Yes Ireland is more equal unless you're from Limerick.
    Then you are treated like crap, the butt of cruel sulky jokes and continously having guys dumping cars full of clapped out i-pads here.
    Yes life is more equal, unless you are from Limerick.
    Limerick in fairness has it's good points,several roads leading out for example.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

alcatel (03-11-15), YoungIrishGirl (03-11-15)

Reviews

The best thing to come out of Limerick is not the roads but Ladiesman217
    A bright cheery soul with a sunny disposition whose increasingly, infrequent posts always light up any day.
    Shalom/salaam.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast