Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Refugees in Hungary..

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    They are nothing but opportunists jumping on the wagon. If they had half the aggression at the borders when they were at home they wouldnt have to run in the first place maybe.

Westside.
    If there were half the aggression at home , less of them would be turning up here.

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    I have been reading this excellent thread for the last few days.

I have nothing but sympathy for genuine refugees that there certainly is flooding into Hungary and elsewhere & they deserve help. But unfortunately there seems to be a very vocal and violent element that seems to be the ringleaders of economic migrants (not refugees) that are causing all the trouble.

Even economic migrants should not be shunned especially after they put there lives at risk getting to Europe. That's not to say they should not be sent back if they don't have a good case. Is that not what happens every summer with Africans?

I have to say some of the comments about Muslims and Arabs have been just racist pure and simple. I have been to a lot of Arab county's. And I would say some of the customs & traditions I have found hard to take. But I could say that about almost any non western county.

Are there terrorists/potential future terrorists among them, yes. But again that is the same with any mass migration of people from war torn regions.

ISIS and every other so called Muslim fundamentalist group (and I use that term loosely) was ultimately, no matter how indirectly was created by the west. And ultimately the problem will have to be sorted out by the west. Whether it's putting in peacekeepers on the ground & throwing money into the region to help local economy's etc. Or sending them back to the stone age only time will tell.

You are supposed to feel sorry for them, that's why the images you see are so carefully edited. I have also travelled to many Arab countries. As a second class citizen, because that's what I am in the Middle East. I remember asking myself once, during a fasting period where people were dropping like flies because they wouldn't break their fast with so much as water, how could a religion hold such sway? And why? Well, they why is poverty and hopelessnes. Of course the poor man shall go to heaven, in some lives that's the only hope they have. They are honourable things. What isn't honourable is the direction that all those who do not share your belief are infidels, lower than low. What isn't honourable is the belief that your belief is the truth and all those who don't share your truth must be gone, by whatever means. So not to tempt you.

I feel sorry for the asylum seekers but no more accept responsibility for their fate than I do for those in North Korea. Sierra Leone. Kenya. Egypt. Ethiopia. If youbelieve in your country you must fight for it, charity begins at home. We must secure our borders.
    Last edited by Lucy Chambers; 20-09-15 at 19:54.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

annabel taylor (20-09-15), Best Before (21-09-15), nonpareil (20-09-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Chambers View Post
    You are supposed to feel sorry for them, that's why the images you see are so carefully edited. I have also travelled to many Arab countries. As a second class citizen, because that's what I am in the Middle East. I remember asking myself once, during a fasting period where people were dropping like flies because they wouldn't break their fast with so much as water, how could a religion hold such sway? And why? Well, they why is poverty and hopelessnes. Of course the poor man shall go to heaven, in some lives that's the only hope they have. They are honourable things. What isn't honourable is the direction that all those who do not share your belief are infidels, lower than low. What isn't honourable is the belief that your belief is the truth and all those who don't share your truth must be gone, by whatever means. So not to tempt you.

I feel sorry for the asylum seekers but no more accept responsibility for their fate than I do for those in North Korea. Sierra Leone. Kenya. Egypt. Ethiopia. If youbelieve in your country you must fight for it, charity begins at home. We must secure our borders.
    You're such a caring lady lucy, as a person myself who has raised money €5000 three times to help others less fortunate than myself and see first hand how people are living, if you could call it that, only when you witness it first hand do you realise how lucky all of us really are.....we can't wash out hands of it and shut the gates as these people need our help, what kind of people are we when we do that.... Selfish for one
    Last edited by dannylad; 20-09-15 at 20:11.

Reviews

The west will do little .
    It will provide some support to refugee camps in the Middle East.
    And make an occasional ineffectual air strike.
    The West has had its fill of much in the way of military intervention for a generation and probably longer ,after the recent misadventures in Iraq and Afghanistan and the removal of Ghadaffi (leaving as bad or worse in his stead).
    These civil wars will likely rumble on for years as Lebanon did with occasional or regular knock on effects on us.
    If we are lucky places like Lebanon and Jordan won't get sucked into the maelstrom.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nonpareil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dannylad View Post
    You're such a caring lady lucy, as a person myself who has raised money €5000 three times to help others less fortunate than myself and see first hand how people are living, if you could call it that, only when you witness it first hand do you realise how lucky all of us really are.....we can't wash out hands of it and shut the gates as these people need our help, what kind of people are we when we do that.... Selfish for one
    I'm sorry, I have clearly offended you. However I will reiterate, charity begins at home. We must help, of course we must, but our first thought must be of home. We cannot turn Europe into a huge holding camp, that isn't life or a semblance of it. We must rebuild, finance, educate and invigorate these countries and allow thei people to reclaim them. Relocating them will not help.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

nonpareil (20-09-15), willie wacker (20-09-15)

You know ultimately the fall of the Roman Empire was not invasion by the hordes.

But the hordes just wanting a better life like the Romans!
    The Romans worshipped the sun and the moon. They were pretty chilled, to say they ruled the world. Few spas, few orgies, bit of buggery here and there. They liked books and learning. Nice Romans.

I'm afraid the Muslims just want to fry us in the fires of a vengeful god though. Bit different.
    Last edited by Lucy Chambers; 20-09-15 at 21:28.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

BradArmPitt (20-09-15)

Reviews

You know ultimately the fall of the Roman Empire was not invasion by the hordes.

But the hordes just wanting a better life like the Romans!
    Christ. ...don't get me started on the fall of Roman Empire.

Out of respect for y' all. ...I won't....:-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nonpareil For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Chambers View Post
    The Romans worshipped the sun and the moon. They were pretty chilled, to say they ruled the world. Few spas, few orgies, bit of buggery here and there. They liked books and learning. Nice Romans.

I'm afraid the Muslims just want to fry us in the fires of a vengeful god though. Bit different.
    The Romans faced off against and had recurring conflicts with Persian empires for centuries in parts of what is now Iraq.

So what else is new?

(And that long predated the rise of Islam).

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonpareil For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (20-09-15), Lucy Chambers (20-09-15)

T
    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Christ. ...don't get me started on the fall of Roman Empire.

Out of respect for y' all. ...I won't....:-)

The Romans were spectacular. And feral. The colosseum alone encapsulates that. Our culture evolved from them, no doubt.

However..to quote Nostradamus

Out of the country of Greater Arabia Shall be born a strong master of Mohammed,
    He will enter Europe wearing a blue turban.
    He will be the terror of mankind.
    Never more horror.

Here, Nostradamus says that a man from Greater Arabia will lead his forces on an invasion through Europe. This invasion will start a third world war that will be far worse than all the other wars put together. When will all this take place? In one quatrain Nostradamus gives us an exact date in which the war will be well under way.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

BradArmPitt (20-09-15)

Lets just do with them as the Hungarians did with the Jews in 1944.

It's a bit of a mad world the way history..............................Well kind of funny.

Soylent green even. I like kebabs.
    No, that is not what I'm saying. We cannot ever take someone's faith as reason to kill them. I am saying that fear of racism and fear of past mistakes is making us toothless and silent over the present. It is not a pogrom. It is not a campaign. It is an invasion.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast