Thread: The Grove

Reviews

Default The Grove

Any other ex-Groveheads on here? The Grove disco as a kid was the place to be.

The Grove was something else and deserves this tribute.

30 years of a Northside Dublin institution - The Grove disco which ran from 1967 to 1997.

The 80's was my time.

From its inception in Belgrove Football Club, through the fire which razed it to the ground and on to the 'New Grove' in St. Paul's, Raheny this disco was central to the lives of local teenagers for three decades.

The Grove was more than a disco, it was a rite of passage a place that marked a point of maturity in the life of a teenager of the area; where many had their first kiss, wet fingers & found their first love or perhaps experienced their first heartbreak.

Love to hear it if you went there?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irishdeltaforce For This Useful Post:

Cosa Nostra (08-09-15), Vitruvian (08-09-15)

UK, Belfast,Limerick, Galway, Sligo, Dublin, Cork,
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post

30 years of a Northside Dublin institution - The Grove disco which ran from 1967 to 1997.

The 80's was my time.

From its inception in Belgrove Football Club, through the fire which razed it to the ground and on to the 'New Grove' in St. Paul's, Raheny this disco was central to the lives of local teenagers for three decades.

The Grove was more than a disco, it was a rite of passage a place that marked a point of maturity in the life of a teenager of the area; where many had their first kiss, wet fingers & found their first love or perhaps experienced their first heartbreak.

No cant say I do or went there honey as I feck off to the UK then but just did not wish to leave you hanging on your own with this one. Lol

Sounds a lot of fun, but dont think I would have gone even if I stayed being from the west and a county bumpkin back then too. loll xx

It was UK stringfella, 007 night club at the hilton hotel in park lane and a few other spots in london then for me, but even when I look at the photos I cant help laughing, the mad curly hair (which I still have) and the shoulder pads. loll. Thankfully I am like a chameleon and the just seem to look so much younger now than I even did back them.

Thank you however is looking over me. loll x
    Lady Von Teese
    KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN ON UP AND COMING TOUR DATES IF YOUR SEEKING, INDEPENDENT, SENSUAL, MATURE, FUN, CARING, KINKY SEXY MILF, COUGAR WITH REAL NON PHOTOSHOP PHOTOS.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladyvonteese For This Useful Post:

irishdeltaforce (08-09-15)

Reviews

So that's how it got the name...never knew that!

Never there myself but heard loads about it. Used to be great pub scene around D3 and 5, the Sheds, Harry Byrnes, the Castle, the Yatcht, etc. then on to Tamango's and finally back of airport or the Bull Wall.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cosa Nostra For This Useful Post:

Reviews

O
    Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post

The 80's was my time.

Ah the Grove
    Regular there for 2/3 years.
    Many a kiss and cuddle and allowed to "drop the hand"
    as we said back then
    The best spot was behind the stage.
    They had regular re-unions in the Clontarf Castle with DJ Cyril until
    recently.
    I am who I am and I am happy with who I am.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to happygolucky For This Useful Post: