Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby World Cup 2015

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EIFII View Post
    this in relation to Joubert refereeing Australia against Wales. Unsurprisingly favouring a SH team. Anyone spot a pattern here?
    Australian media gloating about Steven Moore deliberately collapsing the scrum twice to prevent pushover try saying he knew that after 2 yellows there was little chance of a third. Joubert actions, or lack thereof was a disgraceful cop out

Anyone want to join Willie in sticking up for Joubert?
    Not sticking up for him tbh just saying as it is. We all know it was the wrong call.
    In our game we could have complained about the lack of a second card but we didn't these things happen.
    But ya it was something I noticed in this World Cup that the SH refs seem to favour Sh teams
    I thought it was me.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

2. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Best Before (21-10-15)

this in relation to Joubert refereeing Australia against Wales. Unsurprisingly favouring a SH team. Anyone spot a pattern here?
    Australian media gloating about Steven Moore deliberately collapsing the scrum twice to prevent pushover try saying he knew that after 2 yellows there was little chance of a third. Joubert actions, or lack thereof was a disgraceful cop out

Anyone want to join Willie in sticking up for Joubert?
    Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Not sticking up for him tbh just saying as it is. We all know it was the wrong call.
    In our game we could have complained about the lack of a second card but we didn't these things happen.
    But ya it was something I noticed in this World Cup that the SH refs seem to favour Sh teams
    I thought it was me.
    Funny thing is I've seen a man from Scotland today and he didn't even think that way you guys do, while none of us are Scottish, he said, sure it's highly upsetting but we dropped a ball when we had to catch it....obviously no offense to anyone just sharing my story

After all this game can't be replayed so it doesn't really matter at all!!
    Good bye Ireland!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (21-10-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    Funny thing is I've seen a man from Scotland today and he didn't even think that way you guys do, while none of us are Scottish, he said, sure it's highly upsetting but we dropped a ball when we had to catch it....obviously no offense to anyone just sharing my story

After all this game can't be replayed so it doesn't really matter at all!!
    Sport..down through all the years is littered with mistakes from Refs that do cost teams ...they train ..play....compete ..and put so much of their lives into whatever game/sport they play and along comes a ref and takes it from them with a decision,to give a decision to cost them the game..how can one allow for that playing..you cant...just hope it dont happen but when it does...ouch...l mean ,when will Scotland ever have a better chance to reach the semi- final ?....that game is burned into their memories and 40 yrs down the road when the World Cup is played wherever ,decisions like this one will be as fresh as ever in the minds of those who witnessed it 1st hand of the hurt it caused..the Scottish players.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to loveat1stfeel For This Useful Post:

Stella (21-10-15)

The governing body only bring themselves into disrepute and by extension the whole game of rugby we all love by allowing a clown like Joubert continue to officiate matches at any level
    I have no idea why he has every allowed near another International game again after the last world cup final. He didn't referee the break down on the New-Zealand side and allowed Richie McCaw and company live offside.

There was 3 key moments in the Scotland game and they all went Australias way. The very soft sin binning for Maitland, where Australia went straight up the field to score a try, that in fairness was the TMO fault. Secondly the very late tackle in the dying minutes of the game practically sent Hogg into the stands!!
    And finally not consulting the TMO on the apparent deliberate knock on!!
    His swift Exit from the field was all anyone needed to know about how he felt about his own game.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    I thought it was me.
    It should have been a second yellow, but It would not have made a blind bit of difference. Ireland was not at the races.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

EIFII (21-10-15), willie wacker (21-10-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Any predictions for the weekend games? Im going for new zealand and australia to win. I think that both games will be close enough. Maybe a ten point win in both games.
    Australia the team with nine lives? Don't think they will to be honest

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Any predictions for the weekend games? Im going for new zealand and australia to win. I think that both games will be close enough. Maybe a ten point win in both games.
    Yeah, I think New Zealand and Australia for the Final. I just hope (for the sake of Irish National Pride) that Argentina put in a good display and don't get hammered.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Klittyliker View Post
    Yeah, I think New Zealand and Australia for the Final. I just hope (for the sake of Irish National Pride) that Argentina put in a good display and don't get hammered.
    dont think Argentina will get hammered....Aussie's got lucky v Scotland....Argentina have a few bullets on their team..twill be interesting though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to loveat1stfeel For This Useful Post:

Klittyliker (22-10-15)

14. Default

hard luck on tommy.. great athlete... career hampered by injuries

Reviews

Boks vs All Blacks. I'll go for the All Blacks. Love the Haka.
    "Tease me with stockings, suspenders and high heels!"

Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast