Thread: what did you think?????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frenchstick View Post
    Hi ladies or sex workers!

staying in a hotel room (this is a public place by the way, like a pub, so this is included in the prostitution legislation as public have access to it and the law is applied to all places where public have access to it, even partially - like the smoking ban proves) and receiving men all day long was a perfectly legitimate thing to do?

frenchstick
    Sorry Frenchstick, I tried to read your post till I came to the bit above.....
    A hotel room is not a public place.....
    And the smoking ban also has nothing to do with public places.....
    It is perfectally lagal to smoke in a public place and the smoking ban relates to smoking in the work place....
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    Sorry Frenchstick, I tried to read your post till I came to the bit above.....
    A hotel room is not a public place.....
    And the smoking ban also has nothing to do with public places.....
    It is perfectally lagal to smoke in a public place and the smoking ban relates to smoking in the work place....
    technically, a hotel room is not a private place as it can be used for any public, like a pub. It belongs to a private entity but is used for the public... so this is regulated by the law (this is why you have alarms, an evacuation plan, prices, aso). This is also the reason why a hotel manager can open your room whenever it is necessary without a warrant or your authorisation...
    so it is a private place as it belongs to a private company but as it is used for a public, it is considered as a public place.

for the smoking ban in ireland, you are right and wrong. Yes, it is based on passive smoking but not only. so you can smoke in an area outside as no workers are obliged then to get your smoke. You will note here that a beer garden could be a place where if i serve you a beer, i may get some smoke as i pass beside you, even if it is outdoor! weird but i am expecting cases to happen where smoking outdoor will be banned for this reason! But, smoking in a public place, even outside is forbidden in all public transport, buildings, places, AND gardens, parks, forests, aso. in other countries, there is no distinction, here there is...
    vive le quebec libre!