Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: God help us if we ever go to war.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Just a fuckin well. I'll think I'll just fight them off with an oar when my time comes.

Westside.
    I was going to say a nation of eejits but was trying to be diplomatic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    A lot of doctors probably shouldn't have been doctors either.
    A lot of career decisions are made at 16 to 18 and sometimes wrong choices are made.
    I have never met a doctor who gave a fuck about his patient dying and if they do its because it will put a bad mark on their ability to help. Yes theyll help all they can because its their JOB but they dont give a fuck at the end of the day unless they personally know the patient. Do you really think these people who are traumatised would volunteer to help like this? Its their JOB and they can either do it or not. If they ever come under attack there then they will be more traumatised because it will be there own drowning then. They are sticking their noses (due to no fault of their own) into thing s that they no fuck all experience of dealing with. Thats not their fault either. Its the govs fault.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 08-08-15 at 08:51.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Kenton (10-08-15)

Reviews

I have never met a doctor who gave a fuck about his patient dying and if they do its because it will put a bad mark on their ability to help. Yes theyll help all they can because its their JOB but they dont give a fuck at the end of the day unless they personally know the patient. Do you really think these people who are traumatised would volunteer to help like this? Its their JOB and they can either do it or not. If they ever come under attack there then they will be more traumatised because it will be there own drowning then. They are sticking their noses (due to no fault of their own) into thing s that they no fuck all experience of dealing with. Thats not their fault either. Its the govs fault.

Westside.
    Doctors don't care, you'd get better treatment from you local Vet

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Frank, I just get the feeling somehow, that if we had 44 discussions about this , we would be on either side of a brick wall beating our heads on it, about a throwaway comment by Westsidex.
    Either he suggests the enrolled navy personnel should "man up" and cope with the rigours of the situation they find themselves in ......as might be expected of military personnel.
    Or he is criticising some government comment about potential psychological effects on these personnel.
    Either way it is merely one of Westsidex's usual bog standard, polemical comments and probably not imbued with too much thought or meaning , one way or another.
    So I don't know why you are so exercised.
    Tom made a comment accusing westie of making a comment , which he didn't actually make, and admitted that he made a mistake because he hadn't read westies comment properly. I pointed out this mistake.What you are posting has nothing to do with what either tom or myself posted. I have no issue with what westie posted as he is well able to defend himself, but if someone is going to criticise then they can at least do it based on what was written and not on what they think was written.Obviously you made the same error. So what are you so exercised about.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Walshie View Post
    but we are a nation of lovers not fighters
    I always thought that title goes to France

"Rome is burning"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1hQuzJPRDA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    Tom made a comment accusing westie of making a comment , which he didn't actually make, and admitted that he made a mistake because he hadn't read westies comment properly. I pointed out this mistake.What you are posting has nothing to do with what either tom or myself posted. I have no issue with what westie posted as he is well able to defend himself, but if someone is going to criticise then they can at least do it based on what was written and not on what they think was written.Obviously you made the same error. So what are you so exercised about.
    Im very traumatised by all of the lads fighting over me.

Westside.

Ps they should bring in the navy. Oh wait........

Blog Entries

thats cause the animal cant talk so take away point of the day? If you go to the doc pretend to be a mute.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad de Montferrat View Post
    I always thought that title goes to France

"Rome is burning"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1hQuzJPRDA

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Walshie For This Useful Post:

Conrad de Montferrat (08-08-15)

Reviews

Westside.
    The government has , as well as responding to EU solidarity and addressing some humanitarian issues a little, thus allowed some of our sailors to gain some much needed operational experience under harrowing conditions.
    So a reasonable decision by the government.
    And some better trained sailors that you seem so concerned about.
    A win win situation all round then.....apart from the turned turtle migrants of course.

Reviews

They can speedily put you down.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast