Thread: God help us if we ever go to war.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    For most it is.
    These people are normal sociable people who join peacetime armies as a job.
    Not the psycho/sociopath types who don't care about other people suffering .
    Many of the National Guard in the US are young people doing a job because of scarcity of other work or trying to get money to fund college.
    They would never have expected deployment to war zones in a previous generation.
    To any of the blowhards here saying 20 year olds should have no problem with dead bodies or drowned people , how many dead bodies or how much blood have you seen, human or ,animal?
    No such thing in this new world !

Them young kids should give it more thought before signing on the dotted line .

It's absolutely heartbreaking to see the ones dying , and equally heartbreaking to see the ones forced to stand by

and know they will be affected for the rest of their lives by what they're seen.

: and not only them , but their families being affected in turn --> you're looking at 2 , 3 , 4 people's lives being

tragically impacted for every single 'soldier' who's a party to such events.

That said , in US recruiting practices have come under scrutiny in past few years : recruiters having 'goal numbers'

to meet , not meeting 'goals' carrying negative impact , high high high suicide rate amongst recruiters.

Wish I could link it : War , what is it Good For !??
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

nonpareil (22-08-15)