Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cost of funerals

Reviews

Why do u think that is it because we will run out of graves or Iis cementation the fashion

Reviews

Burials create Concrete jungle effect as well as plots being very expensive, cremation the way to go,

Was at a funeral in England and its so different from here, person was dead 5 weeks before being cremated and went straight to the church, no such thing as waked, the cremation itself was very business like, no personal touch and so very cold, and everything was timed as you had to move on as other people waiting their turn
    Last edited by Walshie; 02-08-15 at 10:25.

Reviews

Lol well said ketchup lol
    years ago on Rte llive show they asked someone where they would like to be buried and there answer was
    I would like to be buried up to my balls in bibi Baskin lol live TV

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RodeoMan For This Useful Post:

nonpareil (02-08-15), tom sand (02-08-15)

Reviews

may aswell cut out the middle man (the worms and organic matter in the ground) and give MN a hand, cremation. a 100 year process reduced to 100 minutes...or something. its ashes to ashes dust to dust for a reason don cha know

Reviews

There are now also green cemeteries , if you are that way inclined.
    Stick you in a hole in the ground, no fancy coffin, no headstones, no concrete footpaths and they plant a tree over you..
    Ireland's relatively low population means cemetery space should not really be a problem.
    But I vaguely remember hearing of other places in the world where you only get a set number of years with the grave and then the space is reused.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    There are now also green cemeteries , if you are that way inclined.
    Stick you in a hole in the ground, no fancy coffin, no headstones, no concrete footpaths and they plant a tree over you..
    Ireland's relatively low population means cemetery space should not really be a problem.
    But I vaguely remember hearing of other places in the world where you only get a set number of years with the grave and then the space is reused.
    its rediculous really, the coffin should just be rented for the home viewing, and graveside and on the day just tip them out over the side and into the hole and fill it in while the relatives try to forget the noisy thud they just heard falling in to a hole. funerals need hilarity, and this is the way forward

Reviews

I have heard of coffins with hinged bottoms somewhere.
    Position over the grave and drop the body through.
    The ultimate ( in both senses) in reusable terms.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    I have heard of coffins with hinged bottoms somewhere.
    Position over the grave and drop the body through.
    The ultimate ( in both senses) in reusable terms.
    most of the rural towns now have the following
    three body's on top of each other so
    first coffin is twelve feet down second one nine foot and the third six feet
    so it racking and stacking

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123