Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Not all Romanians are prostitutes

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by johndee View Post
    There is the term, its called Xenophobia!
    I knew it! and have even used it before ffs!
    but just like google.... 'forgot' it

2. Default

All right, sorry. I thought, reading the newspaper article, a lot of British/Irish misusing the world racism.

Blog Entries

I remember reading somewhere that one in every three Romanian women are prostitutes, which at the time I thought was a bit like an imaginary TORL stat. The problem is people believe these wild stats that are put out there and if they have had some first hand experience as well, then it is reinforced. They were wrong, it is simple as that. If they are concerned then they need to up their security and measures for entry of non residents and not make assumptions based on race, which I do think is wrong and inexcusable.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that one in every three Romanian women are prostitutes, which at the time I thought was a bit like an imaginary TORL stat. The problem is people believe these wild stats that are put out there and if they have had some first hand experience as well, then it is reinforced. They were wrong, it is simple as that. If they are concerned then they need to up their security and measures for entry of non residents and not make assumptions based on race, which I do think is wrong and inexcusable.
    ...or xenophobic even!
    Last edited by funlover12; 23-07-15 at 08:54.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    ...or xenophobic even!
    No I don't agree, as this is not a fear of all things foreign. It is specific to Romanian's. They didn't say that she couldn't stay there because she was foreign, but because she was Romanian.

Xenophobia is the unreasoned fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange.

Reviews

No I don't agree, as this is not a fear of all things foreign. It is specific to Romanian's. They didn't say that she couldn't stay there because she was foreign, but because she was Romanian.
    its not racism if we go by your padantry either

so romanians arent foreign? I seee..

Last edited by funlover12; 23-07-15 at 09:04.

7. Default

Romanians aren't race for God sake! She even didn't look like Roma ( no I didn't say Romanian). The rejection was based purely on her citizenship. Simples.

But never mind, Xenophobia is as bad as Racism.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to johndee For This Useful Post:

funlover12 (23-07-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    its not racism if we go by your padantry either

so romanians arent foreign? I seee..

I interpreted it to mean that they would not have rejected them if they had come from any other Country, but specifically Romania.

Taken from the Oxford dictionary:

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races: theories of racism

In this case there is a stigma attached to prostitution and therefore they are being judged as inferior, plus of course the assumption that all Romanian's are prostitutes is not a quality specific to that race.
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 23-07-15 at 11:25.

10. Default

I interpreted it to mean that they would not have rejected them if they had come from any other Country, but specifically Romania.

Taken from the Oxford dictionary:

In this case there is a stigma attached to prostitution and therefore they are being judged as inferior, plus of course the assumption that all Romanian's are prostitutes is not a quality specific to that nationality
    The whole point of the story is, everyone deserves presumption of innocence until found guilty. The hotel didn't have the right to refuse the girl purely based on her nationality.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johndee View Post
    The whole point of the story is, everyone deserves presumption of innocence until found guilty. The hotel didn't have the right to refuse the girl purely based on her nationality.
    ok, whatever, I agree

They need spanking

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast