Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashley Madison site hacked

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    That reminds me why I'm never going to get married again Yes there are two sides of the coin most definitely. Either way, communication is key.
    I think Sleveen would make someone a good marriage partner.
    He obviously has great empathy and an ability to compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    I think Sleveen would make someone a good marriage partner.
    He obviously has great empathy and an ability to compromise.
    We don't know him or anything about him, he may actually have empathy and the ability to compromise with people who share the same values and morals as him.
    Last edited by amylove69; 23-07-15 at 09:09.
    Some people have to have the last word,
    but they don't actually want you to stop talking,
    as they like the sound of their own voices too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenn View Post
    It's called having an opinion. You won't have to try very to think of a time when you formed one of your own according to your own morals. We all do it, every hour of every day. It's exactly how opinions are formed.
    Close. But in your case its called having an ill informed opinion as you don't, or can't see the other persons circumstances or point of view.
    Fyi, I could never cheat on a partner, and would finish the relationship first, but that doesn't stop me understanding that others situations, responsibilities are wholly different to my own experience. I wouldn't presume to be so arrogant to dismiss their position and circumstances without having experienced them myself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to weeschmoo For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (23-07-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by amylove69 View Post
    We don't know him or anything about him, he may actually have empathy and the ability to compromise with people who share the same values and morals as him.
    Yes indeed.
    Well said. ;-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nonpareil For This Useful Post:

amylove69 (23-07-15)

But he wouldn't need to compromise if they shared the same values or morals as he does, would he?

Quote Originally Posted by weeschmoo View Post
    But he wouldn't need to compromise if they shared the same values or morals as he does, would he?
    The words empathy and compromise don't just apply to values and morals, there are many things in a relationship that require both. and it is some one who has these morals and values as he does, that would be worthy of his empathy and compromise should they be required
    Last edited by amylove69; 23-07-15 at 09:23.

The words empathy and compromise don't just apply to values and morals, there are many things in a relationship that require both. and it is some one who has these morals and values as he does, that would be worth of such empathy and compromise should they be required
    They would also require an open mind, someone who fails to see that another persons circumstances are different from their own has a very narrow view of people and has no empathy. QED.

Quote Originally Posted by weeschmoo View Post
    They would also require an open mind, someone who fails to see that another persons circumstances are different from their own has a very narrow view of people and has no empathy. QED.
    How do we know that he doesn't have an open mind, if one read all of his posts, you will see that all he is saying is that seeing someone behind your partners back, is cheating , regardless of why or how you are doing it. And if you get caught well that's your own fault for not speaking to her about it and try to sort it out or agree to go else where for it.

Slightly arrogant in some posts, I agree, but alone in his quest and lack of open mindedness for his point of view (possibly due to the nature of the site we are on) may have lead to this.
    Last edited by amylove69; 23-07-15 at 09:33.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amylove69 For This Useful Post:

Stevenn (23-07-15)

Reviews

How do we know that he doesn't have an open mind, if one read all of his posts, you will see that all he is saying is that seeing someone behind your partners back, is cheating , regardless of why or how you are doing it. And if you get caught well that's your own fault for not speaking to her about it and try to sort it out or agree to go else where for it.

Slightly arrogant in some posts, I agree, but alone in his quest and lack of open mindedness for his point of view (possibly due to the nature of the site we are on) may have lead to this.
    naw he didnt though, he went much farther and used judgement as his central stance to build everything else around.
    weve said the same, cheating is cheating if your partner doesnt know about it (and therefore it is no longer cheating)
    but left the judgement part out cause we realise its a complex issue and things arent so black and white

13. The Following User Says Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

MidlifeCrisis (23-07-15)

And I agree with him. There is no moral ambiguity. If both people are aware and agree then that is fair enough. But if your partner is unaware, for what ever reason, its a betrayal of trust.
    The difference is that I can understand why another soul might do this, having an infirm partner, or for the sake of their children. Where as he deals in absolutes, no extenuating circumstances that he can imagine would justify.
    There in lies the difference Amy. Compassion and understanding for another's circumstance, outside of your own experience.
    Lord knows we have had enough nuns pontificating about moral behaviour to last a lifetime.
    I'll leave it there. Individual conscience is all, just don't seek to impose that on other people.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast