Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor cyclists hehhehe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    I am a huge advocate for cycling, but there are things that just piss me off no end and makes me despise cyclists.

Cyclists that cannot understand or have the ability to put a static red light in the back and a static white light in the front.

No, Hi-vis jacket

Road works for months on months for lovely new cycle lanes, why do cyclists use the foothpath when there's a cycle lane right next to the foothpath.

Cyclists cycling up the wrong side of a cycle lane.

breaking red lights.

Cycling through busy pedestrian traffic lights.

I am certain that if there wasn't competent drivers there would be alot more cyclist deaths I'm sure of it. Not saying all car drivers are perfectionists but I've seen situations when if it was not for the car stopping, jamming, swerving the cyclist would be seriously injured.
    there you go ladoooooooooo but I guess your just another observant retard.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post
    Oh and westie or whatever you're called you are a retard, 100%.
    If thats true where does it leave you? the sperm hasnt even entered the right fanny in your case.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    There's no excuse for cyclists acting the bollocks, but they are a particularly vulnerable group of road users! These laws need to be used with common sense!
    Cyclists are vulnerable because they put themselves in vulnerable situations .
    I will play with the toys that god has given me .

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    I'm sorry, but as a cyclist and road user I think many comments here are unfair.
    Some cyclists behave like idiots, most go unnoticed as they are not causing a problem.

Cyclists, including myself cannot always use cycle lanes usually because of bad design, because pedestrians use them and in some cases (like the Naas road) because they are so badly made (bumpy).

In particular I really can't understand the road planners in this country, they claim to be pro cyclists, but in reality because of ignorance they cause us more problems than they solve.

Mind you, it seems pretty typical of everything done in this country.
    There is no place on the Nass road for a cyclist

Blog Entries
    Reviews

why is there no law for cyclists to wear helmets? This is surely the most needed law, helmets save lives

oh and no riding 2 abreast, far too dangerous

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    There is no place on the Nass road for a cyclist

From the Red Cow down to Harris's they put in this lovely looking cycle lane.
    It is however unusable as it's so bumpy and covered most of the time with crap.

Reviews

Cyclists are vulnerable because they put themselves in vulnerable situations .
    Cyclists are vulnerable because they are not surrounded by a load of metal.
    Try cycling on a narrow back road with cars flashing by and see how you feel.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

gonzo76 (05-07-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Cyclists are vulnerable because they are not surrounded by a load of metal.
    Try cycling on a narrow back road with cars flashing by and see how you feel.
    Well don't cycle on a narrow road . Maybe if cyclists wore a helmet and put lights on there vehicle and obeyed the rules off the road they might get more respect from other road users. In a nutshell tony cyclists are a boil on the face of society .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fitzy For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Well don't cycle on a narrow road . Maybe if cyclists wore a helmet and put lights on there vehicle and obeyed the rules off the road they might get more respect from other road users. In a nutshell tony cyclists are a boil on the face of society .
    LOL, boil on the face of society. LOL

I have all those, I mostly obey the rules of the road, and I do feel like I'm taking a chance sometimes cycling home.

Reviews

Some motorists are ignorant,self entitled twats, even if they suddenly become Mr.Niceguy when they step out from behind the wheel.
    A lot of cyclists grow up to be motorists. ....see above.
    Some debate about the effectiveness of cycling helmets in a severe impact..better than nothing I suppose.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast