Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor cyclists hehhehe

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Guard stops you, name and address, fine issued in post I imagine.

Like speed fines before penalty points, but no license impact.

ok..... just tell em you're westside

what if you can't prove who you are are guards going to be going around piling bikes into back of squad cars

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post

what if you can't prove who you are are guards going to be going around piling bikes into back of squad cars
    I think there's no legal requirement to carry id at all times but I think that will change over time, and especially as the new credit card drivers license becomes widespread, most people will prob have id.

However I expect it will be toothless, and unenforced, and in some cases, unenforceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Its great that these clowns now have the law bracing down on their little baskets and handlebars. Its amazing that laws have to be made to enforce the obvious, in this instance ,cycling with due care as in not going through traffic lights and driving off the bloody footpath.

bring the laws on,
    Westside.
    I heard something about this on the Matt Cooper show a few days ago, of course it sparked a huge number of text messages from drivers giving out about cyclists, but I wonder how many of these people wrote their text messages while driving? Oh and westie or whatever you're called you are a retard, 100%.
    Last edited by DreamCatcher; 04-07-15 at 10:56. Reason: Left out the word retard.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    There's no excuse for cyclists acting the bollocks, but they are a particularly vulnerable group of road users! These laws need to be used with common sense!
    Agree, COMMON SENSE. bur gardai go for the simplecases. Like the young cyclist cycling through a red pediastrian light, when NO One was on the crossing. The garda was just standing their prosecuting cyclist after cyclist. This was in Rathmines.

Thats how gardai loose respect.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bollocks For This Useful Post:

The Libertarian (05-07-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post

Apparently, if they have a doubt about your name and address, they have the right to confiscate your bike!
    Ride them on the beaches!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Apparently, if they have a doubt about your name and address, they have the right to confiscate your bike!
    What happens if its not your bike, say a dubllin bike or your friends bike or,,,,,,a stolen bike....might be a goood idea to .'borrow' bikes.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I am a huge advocate for cycling, but there are things that just piss me off no end and makes me despise cyclists.

Cyclists that cannot understand or have the ability to put a static red light in the back and a static white light in the front.

No, Hi-vis jacket

Road works for months on months for lovely new cycle lanes, why do cyclists use the foothpath when there's a cycle lane right next to the foothpath.

Cyclists cycling up the wrong side of a cycle lane.

breaking red lights.

Cycling through busy pedestrian traffic lights.

I am certain that if there wasn't competent drivers there would be alot more cyclist deaths I'm sure of it. Not saying all car drivers are perfectionists but I've seen situations when if it was not for the car stopping, jamming, swerving the cyclist would be seriously injured.

Reviews

I'm sorry, but as a cyclist and road user I think many comments here are unfair.
    Some cyclists behave like idiots, most go unnoticed as they are not causing a problem.

Cyclists, including myself cannot always use cycle lanes usually because of bad design, because pedestrians use them and in some cases (like the Naas road) because they are so badly made (bumpy).

In particular I really can't understand the road planners in this country, they claim to be pro cyclists, but in reality because of ignorance they cause us more problems than they solve.

Mind you, it seems pretty typical of everything done in this country.

Blog Entries

but they are a particularly vulnerable group of road users! !
    They most certainly are. Its harder and harder not to belt the daddy bags off some of them.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    I'm sorry, but as a cyclist and road user I think many comments here are unfair.
    Some cyclists behave like idiots, most go unnoticed as they are not causing a problem.

Cyclists, including myself cannot always use cycle lanes usually because of bad design, because pedestrians use them and in some cases (like the Naas road) because they are so badly made (bumpy).

In particular I really can't understand the road planners in this country, they claim to be pro cyclists, but in reality because of ignorance they cause us more problems than they solve.

Mind you, it seems pretty typical of everything done in this country.
    Most cyclists go through traffic lights, cycle on the footpath and turn around blind cornors without teh slightest care in the world.

Westside.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast