Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Empowering or Degrading?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,049
    Blog Entries
    2
    Reviews
    5

    Default Empowering or Degrading?

    Is escorting and/or the associated "sexy" pics, empowering or degrading to women?

    Do escorts feel they are promoting a powerful image rather than just a continuation of a stereotype of women purely as sex objects for the use and amusement of men, rather than being seeing as intellectual equals?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    6,804
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Is escorting and/or the associated "sexy" pics, empowering or degrading to women?
    What is your opinion on this?
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Petros For This Useful Post:

    Melindablondey (28-06-15)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Eire.
    Posts
    8,325
    Reviews
    39

    Default

    I am sure escorts see quite a few overweening prats and dicks with misguided notions of their own superiority. Many escorts may only be around a few years , the smartest among them will make and put aside something to give themselves an advantage in their future lives.And in that future life they will have left most of the dicks behind them.
    As regards pictures, if women are happy with their bodies and sexuality so be it, why criticise anyone who is happy to look desirable and attractive if they so wish, by cribbing about revealing clothes, behaviour or this , that and the other..blah, blah, blah...

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Eire.
    Posts
    8,325
    Reviews
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petros View Post
    What is your opinion on this?
    This also is interesting.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    At the feet of Irish Mistress XXX
    Posts
    1,766
    Reviews
    7

    Default

    Is it not possible that any photograph of a sexy lady regardless of her state of undress could be classed as either of the states you mentioned as it will be the observer of these photographs will determine which one of these the lady is trying to portrait (Obviously some photos portray something but in a generic sense) in his or her mind. A lady in sexy lingerie can evoke the same hormonal response as a lady in a business suit.

    Males are the one who project this image on to ladies, yes some ladies will manipulate that but we all see different things when we look at "artwork"

    I am the slave of Irish Mistress XXX, a Fetish Queen, A Bossy Bitch Mistress, A Goddess, yes my life is tough, but it is so good.

    Webcam and phone chat sessions available

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slavetoyou For This Useful Post:

    milkman (28-06-15), nonpareil (28-06-15), The dirt bird (28-06-15)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Eire.
    Posts
    8,325
    Reviews
    39

    Default

    It's all in the eye of the beholder (and in their brain).

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonpareil For This Useful Post:

    Melindablondey (28-06-15), slavetoyou (28-06-15)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belfast, lap of luxury
    Posts
    14,857
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Is escorting and/or the associated "sexy" pics, empowering or degrading to women?

    Do escorts feel they are promoting a powerful image rather than just a continuation of a stereotype of women purely as sex objects for the use and amusement of men, rather than being seeing as intellectual equals?

    If you're trying to sell wine, do you focus on the flavour and the event in which you may drink it or the grapes and how they were produced? If you are going to sell a car do you focus on the sleek design and the power of the engine, or the intricate details of how it was manufactured? We sell sex, so we are going to focus on our sex appeal and promote our assets. Some of us include our intellect as part of that and some focus on their skills.

    Being self employed is empowering, being financially solvent is empowering, being able to educate yourself is empowering and being in control of your own destiny is empowering. However with that you are constantly battling with the attitudes of the general public. People that can not separate the job from emotions and can not understand how a sex worker is able to switch on and off. It is the attitudes of other people that stop it being as empowering as it should and could be, as you are constantly battling with these problems or doing your best to avoid them.

    I suppose the real empowerment comes with control and as long as you are able to keep and maintain that control you will feel and be empowered, otherwise you can be swallowed up by the stigma, the haters and the reactions of others that don't fully appreciated what you do or how you manage to do it.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

    Melindablondey (28-06-15), nonpareil (28-06-15), The dirt bird (28-06-15)

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,049
    Blog Entries
    2
    Reviews
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    If you're trying to sell wine, do you focus on the flavour and the event in which you may drink it or the grapes and how they were produced? If you are going to sell a car do you focus on the sleek design and the power of the engine, or the intricate details of how it was manufactured? We sell sex, so we are going to focus on our sex appeal and promote our assets. Some of us include our intellect as part of that and some focus on their skills.

    Being self employed is empowering, being financially solvent is empowering, being able to educate yourself is empowering and being in control of your own destiny is empowering. However with that you are constantly battling with the attitudes of the general public. People that can not separate the job from emotions and can not understand how a sex worker is able to switch on and off. It is the attitudes of other people that stop it being as empowering as it should and could be, as you are constantly battling with these problems or doing your best to avoid them.

    I suppose the real empowerment comes with control and as long as you are able to keep and maintain that control you will feel and be empowered, otherwise you can be swallowed up by the stigma, the haters and the reactions of others that don't fully appreciated what you do or how you manage to do it.
    That's a great answer, thank you CK.

    I also see it as empowering, if as you say, its in the persons control. It didn't do Madonna any harm for example

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick For This Useful Post:

    Curvaceous Kate (28-06-15)

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Eire.
    Posts
    8,325
    Reviews
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    That's a great answer, thank you CK.

    I also see it as empowering, if as you say, its in the persons control. It didn't do Madonna any harm for example
    Quick ..Madonna' s libel lawyers. .urgent

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belfast, lap of luxury
    Posts
    14,857
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Quick ..Madonna' s libel lawyers. .urgent

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

    Melindablondey (28-06-15)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •