Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: game of thrones

Reviews

Did anyone else think that raping Sansa was a bit extreme, considering it didn't happen in the books?

She's already put up with Joffrey, witnessed her father's head on spike and had most of her other siblings killed.
    The plot to have her end up in a rape scene was weird. lets not forget she would be around 13 or 14 years of age in the storyline

I have no problem with the red wedding or the martell guy having his skull crushed but this was a little bit wrong.
    GRR Martin is apparently driving the plot of the TV series in the background so he's the creative influence here.
    I kinda find myself hoping he didn't have a sister growing up or access to young children.

Reviews

Ramsay cut Theon Greyjoy's penis off. raping Sansa not to far for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko1980 View Post
    Did anyone else think that raping Sansa was a bit extreme, considering it didn't happen in the books?

She's already put up with Joffrey, witnessed her father's head on spike and had most of her other siblings killed.
    The plot to have her end up in a rape scene was weird. lets not forget she would be around 13 or 14 years of age in the storyline

I have no problem with the red wedding or the martell guy having his skull crushed but this was a little bit wrong.
    GRR Martin is apparently driving the plot of the TV series in the background so he's the creative influence here.
    I kinda find myself hoping he didn't have a sister growing up or access to young children.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    Ramsay cut Theon Greyjoy's penis off. raping Sansa not to far for him.
    Ramsay is a total psycho...but the show really needed one after Joffrey was poisoned.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Klittyliker For This Useful Post:

tom sand (03-08-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Marko1980 View Post

Not only was she not raped in the books she didn't even marry him !! Ramsay was actually married to a girl from Winterfell who was passed off as Arya. How far from the book can you get.

Quote Originally Posted by jpenney View Post
    Not only was she not raped in the books she didn't even marry him !! Ramsay was actually married to a girl from Winterfell who was passed off as Arya. How far from the book can you get.
    The time line has actually moved on a lot. e.g. Sansa is several older than Tommen who is now King and married.

Quote Originally Posted by jpenn9579
    The time line has actually moved on a lot. e.g. Sansa is several older than Tommen who is now King and married.
    What I want to know, is Sansa now OK to have rather dirty thoughts about!
    The above post, and many post on e-i, is for humour and myrth and therefore cannot be taken as intelligent or well grammatically/factually engineered.

This man is not clever

just to clear a few things up, first off the whole series is based on medieval times, when married at 12 was the norm for girls and heads being chopped off was very common, the series is not meant to be a nice fairy tale .

as for how extreme the rape of sansa was, if you read the books you will find that there were far worse rapes that never made it to the tv show,

anyone who starts thinking that martin is fucked up for his story lines, try reading some history books and see just how factual his event actually are. he based it off our real history not of his own fantasies.

and before someone says we never had dragons, really, grow up, if the tv show is not to your liking stop cribbing about it and just stop watching it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pleasure seeker For This Useful Post:

tom sand (03-08-15)

I think my issue with the rape is that it would change Sansa's character development as while she's endured a lot throughout the series - a rape will change you and while I haven't seen the latest episode yet I don't think it will be reflected in the series.
    Give me a call 083 455 2811 or PM to book in advance
    Smithfield 5th - 11th February
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CuteCatriona

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Catriona For This Useful Post:

tom sand (03-08-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    I think my issue with the rape is that it would change Sansa's character development as while she's endured a lot throughout the series - a rape will change you and while I haven't seen the latest episode yet I don't think it will be reflected in the series.
    I would say she is changing. She started out all pretty, pink and girly. She only saw the luxuries, the pomp and ceremony and lived in her own fantasy world. She got that kicked out of her and now she is learning to be cunning, trust no one or pay the price. She is not just growing up, but learning to play safe and I think this final blow with the old lady being murdered will completely harden her heart.

She would have known as a wife she was expected to have sex with him and bear him a child. It was rape, but she had already accepted it was inevitable. It was the humiliation of being watched that made it worse and the fact that he is rough with her when it happens. It's a far cry from her childhood fantasies.

The one thing I find difficult is the fact that none of the young characters look the age they are meant to be portraying. They all look a good 5 years older than they are meant to be and that kind of changes perspective, as things become more acceptable. I guess that is one of the reasons why they have done it, but it also distorts the true value of the act. Sansa looks 17 to 18 to me and I forget she is meant to be younger.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Pleasure seeker (27-05-15), tom sand (03-08-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    no one knows how the story is going to go, and it is clear that they are not keeping to the books, so expecting the characters to stay the same as the story goes on would make it a bit of a dull story

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast