Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 130

Thread: The No voters

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,356
    Blog Entries
    2
    Reviews
    6

    Default The No voters

    40% voted no- who are they and why did they vote no?

    I did not see much of the no campaign -so what reasons were out there-

    I can only assume the following-

    • traditionalists - family unit traditionally man woman & child
    • constitutionalists- don't mess with the definition of family - as this is to be input in section headed family
    •minority interests- every child should have both father & mother
    Y
    Seek and you shall find!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    729
    Reviews
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UB40 View Post
    40% voted no- who are they and why did they vote no?

    I did not see much of the no campaign -so what reasons were out there-

    I can only assume the following-

    • traditionalists - family unit traditionally man woman & child
    • constitutionalists- don't mess with the definition of family - as this is to be input in section headed family
    •minority interests- every child should have both father & mother
    Y
    I voted no, nothing again same sex marriages, wasn't about the adults, just done it really for the children that would be involved
    Last edited by Genie in a Bottle; 24-05-15 at 15:34.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genie in a Bottle For This Useful Post:

    Conrad de Montferrat (28-05-15), zilch (24-05-15)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,615
    Reviews
    13

    Default

    I voted no.
    IMO marriage is between a man and a woman. Between same sex people it is something different. That was basically it but I am also probably homophobic. But not in an 'in your face' kind of way, gayness especially in its most camp form gives me the heeby geebies

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

    bollocks (25-05-15), Conrad de Montferrat (28-05-15), johnb59 (26-05-15), zilch (24-05-15)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,694

    Default

    I voted no. Again I consider marraige as between a man and woman. I think there should be a new word coined for same sex unions. I dont think myself homophobic, having enjoyed some mmf action but very camp gayness gives me the creeps too.
    Last edited by philipkntz; 24-05-15 at 18:14.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

    johnb59 (26-05-15), zilch (24-05-15)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northcider
    Posts
    1,804
    Reviews
    29

    Default

    I voted yes but the carry on's of some people last nite around town has me thinking was i wrong...
    Ok you won but what I saw last nite if a straight couple were doin it would b all over the papers...
    Hope we don't become the next San Fran...
    What we do in life echo's in eternity

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to mr gear For This Useful Post:

    zilch (24-05-15)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knocking on heavens door.
    Posts
    10,688
    Reviews
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie in a Bottle View Post
    I voted no, nothing again same sex marriages, wasn't about the adults, just done it really for the children that would be involved
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    I voted no.
    IMO marriage is between a man and a woman. Between same sex people it is something different. That was basically it but I am also probably homophobic. But not in an 'in your face' kind of way, gayness especially in its most camp form gives me the heeby geebies
    Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    I voted no. Again I consider marraige as between a man and woman. I think there should be a new word coined for same sex unions. I dont think myself homophobic, having enjoyed some mmf action but very camp gayness gives me the creeps too.
    +1 for all the above posts. Very well said and i concur with each of them.

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    729
    Reviews
    2

    Default

    As i said got nothing again two guys etc getting married but when children are involved, thats where i have concerns, it changes things for me, i can see for one example, young children at school etc being left out, bullied and teased for something out of their control and that just aint right

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Genie in a Bottle For This Useful Post:

    zilch (24-05-15)

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Southeast USA and Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    492
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie in a Bottle View Post
    I voted no, nothing again same sex marriages, wasn't about the adults, just done it really for the children that would be involved
    I am delighted at the yes vote.;;what is wrong with love no matter the gender. and by the way, have you had a look at the statistics regarding children in Ireland lately...? I would say they are better off with two well grounded individuals ( or more) than the pretend, 'traditional' relationships that have been in the past;
    I am a mature (62) and elegant woman whose smile and sexy demeanor will captivate you the moment we meet. One with whom to experience things for the first time or to repeat those of which you never get enough! My unique insight into your very secret desires and fantasies will leave you wondering "how did she know". Come to me and feel the comfort, warmth and acceptance of a woman with whom you can share the most special, unique and unusual of erotic experiences. Warm hugs and sexy moist lips await! Sensual Lauren

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sensual Lauren For This Useful Post:

    Cassandra (26-05-15), Last time (25-05-15), liffey (25-05-15), pigsmickey (25-05-15)

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,471
    Reviews
    195

    Default

    I'm against marriage.
    I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

    We could have done approximately 20% of the population a favour and voted no.
    Saved these deluded people from themselves.
    Last edited by TonyB; 24-05-15 at 20:32.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

    joggon (25-05-15), philipkntz (24-05-15)

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie in a Bottle View Post
    As i said got nothing again two guys etc getting married but when children are involved, thats where i have concerns, it changes things for me, i can see for one example, young children at school etc being left out, bullied and teased for something out of their control and that just aint right

    With all due respect, isn't that kind of chicken-and-egg? Not to mention the fact same sex parents already can - and do - adopt. A yes vote improves the living situations of these actual families that already do exist.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetStrawberry For This Useful Post:

    Cassandra (26-05-15), pigsmickey (25-05-15)

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •