Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Very Well Done

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post
    SSM Yes 62% , Presidential age No 73%.

Does anyone else think it's weird how we voted strongly to end discrimination in one referendum but voted strongly to keep discrimination in the other?

Schizophrenic voters are we?
    First I'd heard of the No for lowering the age. I'm quite surprised to hear it was so steep. Irishdeltaforce is right, may well have been, in part, a 'stop giving us crumbs' protest vote.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    And now that we're all equal n' shit ... what now? Have we solved world hunger? Have the children in Africa stopped dying? No. No they haven't, you fucking lame assholes.

Go fucking die.
    Next National Issue, Elect a Government that will Re-Negotiate our Membership of The European Union.
    When Negotiations are Completed, Put it to the "Electorate in a Referendum". I believe that Time has come
    Last edited by simon2280; 24-05-15 at 10:38.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    And now that we're all equal n' shit ... what now? Have we solved world hunger? Have the children in Africa stopped dying? No. No they haven't, you fucking lame assholes.

Go fucking die.
    We are far from being equal, when child poverty keeps rising when women earn less then men, there's plenty of inequality in Ireland for you to get angry about.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

liffey (24-05-15), Stella (24-05-15), Westsidex (24-05-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    Equality in Love & Life has arrived to our wee Island & I couldnt be prouder

Much love to each & every one of you who voted yes
    Jesus maybe someone will now show my brain some equality and shut up with this stuff.

Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    We are far from being equal, when child poverty keeps rising when women earn less then men, there's plenty of inequality in Ireland for you to get angry about.
    It's great and historical moment alright, however I have mixed feelings, not that I'm against equality at all, but I suppose for many abortion question is equally important.

It's still illegal even in case of rape...

Well there might be a referendum on this?! Would be great to see such a strong lobby there as well....
    Good bye Ireland!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

liffey (24-05-15), SweetStrawberry (24-05-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    It's great and historical moment alright, however I have mixed feelings, not that I'm against equality at all, but I suppose for many abortion question is equally important.

It's still illegal even in case of rape...

Well there might be a referendum on this?! Would be great to see such a strong lobby there as well....
    Too divisive.
    Politicians will continue to dodge this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nonpareil For This Useful Post:

Stella (24-05-15)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234