Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt O'Connor sacked

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    Well said!

I've one more question, so would you think the pretty bad season is rather on him /bad luck, injuries...etc./ or the players as well??

He seemd to always blame the circumstances than sort of blame himself, also criticized IRFU player welfare scheme quite a lot.

I'd say with a new coach in it'll take two seasons for Leinster to be back on track, obviously hope I'm wrong...
    Mixture of everything. Also the fact that some of the replacements are not at that standard yet.

This is why an experienced coach is vital. He needs to be somebody that can bring them on quickly. If Ireland get to the World

Cup Final ( hopefully ) then the internationals may not be back until mid November. Those replacements will need to have

stepped up in that period. A good pre season is almost vital. A bad start can sometimes be very difficult to erase.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Klittyliker (22-05-15), Stella (22-05-15), willie wacker (22-05-15)

3. Default

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't think Leo will have what it takes to bring Leinster on this season

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Leo cullen is the new head coach of leinster for the next two years. What do leinster fans think of that, or any rugby fans.
    at this stage it's surprising, it's not like the pool of available coaches was going to drastically improve before the world cup, why act now?

the display of the backup squad during the 6 nations would suggest they've a tough season ahead and if it all goes pear-shaped keeping Leo as interim coach makes a new coach easier to introduce, without finishing Cullen's coaching career

if Cullen (and possibly more relevantly) Dempsey can successfully bring through some academy graduates they'll improve performances on the pitch, that should be more than enough to keep the fans happy
    Older women are best, they always think they may be doing it for the last time.

Think he'll find himself in an extremely hard position with his first team players are away for WC, I personally think a good player doesn't necessarily make a new coach, as he don't have much coaching experience, however players respect him I suppose!!

Also believe, fans won't be that mad to Leo, as they were with MOC!!
    Good bye Ireland!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

7. Default

At least Leo doesn't have Joe Schmidt to immediate follow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12