Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One for the No Lobby

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    They provided a lot of education and nursing /medical services for Catholics at a time when no one else was inclined to do so.
    Sure , they made many mistakes, often shrugged off or covered up those mistakes and failed to move with the times, but many of their mistakes were repeated or worse things were done around the world by plenty of non- Catholics.
    Is is easy to look back from the ivory tower of the present , to past times when things were very different and people thought very differently.
    I think it is also true to say that the Catholic Church does a lot of good at a local community level, though I must add that is from an outsiders perspective.
    I remember reading years ago that if the state provided all the community services currently provided by the church, it would add 5% to income tax.

2. Default

1 thing I think everyone should agree on, no matter what side you're on.....you gotta love the DOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijA0...ature=youtu.be

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Devastator For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by peregine View Post
    Jesus was raised by Mary and Joseph not by Joseph and God! Adults desires for equality are put ahead of the needs of children.
    Can someone remind me again, if your a catholic is the bible to be followed and believed or just the portions that suit at a specific time because from my memory, man must not lay down with man! !! A fairly familiar line from the bible bashers
    But adam and eve were the first people and, depending on which part of genesis you believe either they were created together :-)isnt that brother and sister or eve came from adams rib, doesnt that nearly make her more his daughter!
    So either way it was okay for them to lay down, then things get interesting, their son cain marries his sister and eve had to get frisky with some of her kids or we wouldnt of had population growth.
    So do we take it that the catholic church is okay with sleeping with your mother, marry your sister but two men are a no no?
    Unfortunatley even though i was raised a catholic i must have been out sick when it was clarified in school

Reviews

I always laugh when I see that Jesus poster, sure he was grand grew up to spend all his time with 11 MEN, never married, believed he could walk on water, and was killed at a relatively young age, sure he turned out grand didn't he!!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    No, I can't think of one thing.
    Yeah, we'd have been bett er off Muslim.
    That is after all the religion of peace and submission (to God)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    So Jesus grew up with a father figure and a mother figure. What's this to do with gay marraige? The referendum isn't about surrogacy.
    Very little but this is what the No people would have you believe.
    The point being made, for all you practical souls, is that Family has many definitions. And no one group of people should have the right to decide on that definition for the entire society.
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123