Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: “Gay Cake” Guilty Verdict

Reviews

I think it's a load of shite why didn't they go somewhere else to get the cake baked,instead of pulling the gender card,just another case of wanting to be heard because they feel offended,why should the baker promote some benders cause,and as for the judge ,didn't want to spill the Apple cart,was easier to side with the gays than cause ww3,it's a kick up the hole for freedom!!! Beam me up scotty

2. The Following User Says Thank You to johnb59 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by johnb59 View Post
    I think it's a load of shite why didn't they go somewhere else to get the cake baked,instead of pulling the gender card,just another case of wanting to be heard because they feel offended,why should the baker promote some benders cause,and as for the judge ,didn't want to spill the Apple cart,was easier to side with the gays than cause ww3,it's a kick up the hole for freedom!!! Beam me up scotty
    Just the slightest hint of homophobia in your post,It's subtle but I noticed it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (19-05-15)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I think he made a good point. Halloween is something that has been frowned upon as a bad influence on children by religious bodies and if they are happy to monopolise on that as a lucrative trade and bake cakes in that theme, then it is hypocritical.

Generally in business you are not meant to be bias or judgmental, as long as the customer is respectful, able to pay and not asking you to do anything out of your skill base on offer. In this case they were simply asking for a cake to their specifications. They don't have to endorse, or agree with the content, it's irrelevant. It's not derogatory or disrespectful to anyone.

All people are equal and no one should have a problem with someone else's gender or sexual orientation. It's things like this that make me walk away from religion.

Reference the wider community... would they ever know about it if they had not refused? Would they have been invited to their occasion if they didn't approve? Very doubtful.
    Kate, I see your location is NI but are you from & grow also? The reason I ask is I identify with what you said about walking away from religion. I remember when I was very young also questioning why I had to goto mass(mainly because of boredom )but also from the viewpoint of whats the point? Asking if "GOD"(or whatever you believe in) is soo good then why were people bombing,shooting and killing eachother. It never made sense to me and got feed the kind of universal(as I've learned later in life) excuse of God is mysterious. So from young age that was a wedge into my belief in religion and as I've grown up I've learned more about the science side of things(which is obviously correct...its been proven lol).

Quote Originally Posted by johnb59 View Post
    While your entitled to your opinions that post just comes across as narrow minded and homophobic. They didn't pull any gender card(I'm not sure what gender has to do with it?), the bakery refused them based on their sexual preference.

As for the rest of your post I don't get it...maybe when scotty beams you up the laser rays will help you make sense in future

On a separate note its nice to see the children have gone to bed and the subject is back on track
    Last edited by Devastator; 19-05-15 at 21:38.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    Kate, I see your location is NI but are you from & grow also? The reason I ask is I identify with what you said about walking away from religion. I remember when I was very young also questioning why I had to goto mass(mainly because of boredom )but also from the viewpoint of whats the point? Asking if "GOD"(or whatever you believe in) is soo good then why were people bombing,shooting and killing eachother. It never made sense to me and got feed the kind of universal(as I've learned later in life) excuse of God is mysterious. So from young age that was a wedge into my belief in religion and as I've grown up I've learned more about the science side of things(which is obviously correct...its been proven lol).

While your entitled to your opinions that post just comes across as narrow minded and homophobic. They didn't pull any gender card(I'm not sure what gender has to do with it?), the bakery refused them based on their sexual preference.

As for the rest of your post I don't get it...maybe when scotty beams you up the laser rays will help you make sense in future

On a separate note its nice to see the children have gone to bed and the subject is back on track

Born in England. I have a weird family, as in there are a mix of C of E, Catholic and Jehovah Witness and for a brief period Buddhist in my relations.

I always from a young age felt a hypocrit going to Church. I liked harvest festival and I liked singing, I was even in the choir and the local church Am dram group as a teenager, but it always felt fake. I was using it for my own gains without really believing. I've never felt comfortable, even though I cry every time I see Aslan put on the slab and humiliated or any decent Easter film of Jesus. I have empathy for a tragic situation and some of the stories are brilliant, but... there is too much wrong, too much does not add up, too many didactic messages built on fear of the unknown.

I saw a family the other day and a little girl dressed in a wedding dress. I found that a bit sickening. I told myself not to judge, as she seemed very happy. It is their choice, but it's not something I would want for my Daughter if I had one.

I often feel sick when I visit churches too. So much wealth and riches, beauty and expense spent on the interior, where the community out side are often starving and homeless. How do they justify it? The world is often disjointed in my eyes.
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 19-05-15 at 22:01.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Devastator (19-05-15)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    Born in England. I have a weird family, as in there are a mix of C of E, Catholic and Jehovah Witness and for a brief period Buddhist in my relations.

I always from a young age felt a hypocrit going to Church. I liked harvest festival and I liked singing, I was even in the choir and the local church Am dram group as a teenager, but it always felt fake. I was using it for my own gains without really believing. I've never felt comfortable, even though I cry every time I see Aslan put on the slab and humiliated or any decent Easter film of Jesus. I have empathy for a tragic situation and some of the stories are brilliant, but... there is too much wrong, too much does not add up, too many didactic messages built on fear of the unknown.

I saw a family the other day and a little girl dressed in a wedding dress. I found that a bit sickening. I told myself not to judge, as she seemed very happy. It is their choice, but it's not something I would want for my Daughter if I had one.

I often feel sick when I visit churches too. So much wealth and riches, beauty and expense spent on the interior, where the community out side are often starving and homeless. How do they justify it? The world is often disjointed in my eyes.
    Oh dear, and there was me thinking it was a pain having 1 religion Trying to see the positive at least you can take what you find good(if anything?) from them all!

I sort of felt guilty when I was young going because I think I gave up hope on it all by time I was maybe 8,9 but then went to a Christian Bros school and religion was a bit of a big deal to them I think I just kind of went along with it just not to cause any unnecessary tension between myself & teachers/brothers but whenever I had chance to leave(after GCSEs) I went into the test, put my name on the paper and walked out. That felt really good haha They tried to stop me and tell me I had to stay for at least an hour before I could go, I just said make me and walked out.

I always loved the look for the churches from mid America that you see in the movies, ya know the ones with the choir all singing and dancing and having it up. They looked happy...catholic church made me miserable and as you said go with the idea of putting the fear of god(is that where that phrase comes from?) into you and you had to believe!

A child in a wedding dress? Could it have been 1st communion maybe? That usually goes on around May time.

I only goto church now for weddings & funerals. I'll respect other people's beliefs and I'll stand up,sit down,do the hokey cokey(I wish!) when everyone else does so I dont stand out...but I daydream while I'm there.

Yeah its ridiculous how wealthy some churches are while they're followers have nothing...yet the collection plates still come around

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Devastator For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (20-05-15)

Was it a chocolate cake,love chocolate cake,but seriously hasn't the bakers rights be diminished by this verdict regardless of his religious beliefs? After all its only a cake,and couldn't they have just gone to another baker instead of all this bother.
    The three essentials in life shower shave shag

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I am disgusted because the people who ordered the cake fucking knew that the bakery wouldn't bake the cake and yet they went after the bakery, it's so underhanded and sly.
    Last edited by Dub Lad; 19-05-15 at 22:52.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
    I'm not reading this thread but its simple.......any business is entitled to turn down any work they wish for a whole host of reasons and you don't even have to give one.
    It looks to me like some twat has thrown his rattle out of his pram and if you think this is petty now then just wait for the feckin yes vote..........I shake my feckin head.......
    The baker was unbelievably foolish in initially accepting the order before cancelling it two days later and giving a reason.

It is pure and simple. It is now fair game to restrict freedom of conscience as to do otherwise will leave you open to charges of discrimination.
    The No campaign in Dublin must be absolutely laughing as one of their posters even calls for a No vote because of the restriction of freedom of conscience. Which is a darn shame....

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
    I'm not reading this thread but
    It was at this point I stopped reading your post

credit to L.A.D (Loyalists Against Democracy) very funny check it out if you have not done already

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Devastator For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    But for religious people it wouldn't be. Basically you will have people in uproar now because they will be forced to go against their beliefs.

What if I wanted a Muslim to handle pork over the counter? Should he do it even it its against his beliefs? Should the state rule over personal beliefs?
    Do what these cunts did and do it knowing full well a Muslim wouldn't do this and then go to the papers and report how awful and terrible you were treated and "shocked". Then take the butcher to court. This is exactly what these cunts did.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast