Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nearly there

Reviews

I shall be voting yes.

In my view a Couple means two but does not require them to be opposites i.e. different genders.

For far too long the church leaders' have dictated to people how they should live their lives, both recent and past history has shown many of their decisions were lacking in both wisdom and kindness. Dictators and dictatorships have always come up short on human rights issues in so many areas.
    While there are many good men and women who serve their churches well, it is all to often the higher ups who live apart from the rest of us and have lost touch with the reality of most peoples day to day life who are the decision makers.
    Last edited by nitram; 18-05-15 at 11:56.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nitram For This Useful Post:

pigsmickey (18-05-15)

Reviews

I'll be voting YES I believe that gay folks should have the same rights in law as straight folk. The no campaign groups are spreading lies and insults, insuinating that gay folk can't be trusted with kids etc. this is hatred dressed up as concern. These groups are chatolic church backed and funded by radical christian extremists. They would have all of us here locked up if they had their way!!
    Voting no or not voting gives them comfort and encouragement.....do you want to do that, could you ever look a gay or trans person in the face again if you did vote no?

One of the rights granted to married folk, is that they can use their marriage(civil) cert as an ID supporting doc at the polling booth. Civil partnership cert, wont cut it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pigsmickey For This Useful Post:

Reviews

There are loads of differences in marraige and civil partnership, some of them having quite serious consequences should one person die.

Reviews

I would vote but as a British citizen i am denied a vote, and therefore feel discriminated against.

Does a gay couple's right to have children take precedence over a child's right to choose to have both a mother and a father?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EIFII View Post
    I would vote but as a British citizen i am denied a vote, and therefore feel discriminated against.

Does a gay couple's right to have children take precedence over a child's right to choose to have both a mother and a father?
    how about a child's right to have 2 parents
    regardless of their sex

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Tom Sand - are you stalking me?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tom sand View Post
    how about a child's right to have 2 parents
    regardless of their sex
    To lose a parent through illness, accident, divorce, separation or whatever is a tragedy, not the denial of a human right and nothing whatsoever to do with the gender of the parents.
    Last edited by EIFII; 18-05-15 at 14:11.

11. Default

Look, if this is your problem, then campaign against surrogacy and, if needs be, adoption laws.

Queer families already exist, and they will exist no matter the outcome of said vote. Actual children's advocacy groups are in overwhelming support of a yes vote. As it stands, a yes vote strengthens these families and gives the children legal ties and protection to their caregivers. A no vote leaves the children of same-sex couples worse off.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SweetStrawberry For This Useful Post:

wexfordboyo (20-05-15)

Reviews

If we are so worried about equality, why is EIFII not allowed to vote?!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Anitafan For This Useful Post:

EIFII (18-05-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Anitafan View Post
    If we are so worried about equality, why is EIFII not allowed to vote?!
    Does EIFII have Irish citizenship? and regestered?
    If not, then no entitlement to vote in the republic, but might have a valueable contribution to make to the debate. Sometimes, people looking in from the outside can see more clearly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast