Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Is there a scammer in Belfast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfairsmoker View Post
    Josephine,

I did contact them by email on saturday afternoon, but as of writing this, no response. I've handled everything with the company responsible for the transfer of funds. As far as they are concerned a fraud has occured and I will get my money back as soon as I contact my bank. But that means my cards being cancelled and having no access to my money for a week or so while it is sorted out. But hey if I get my money back it will be worth it.
    Go and withdraw enough money for a week, then when your cards are cancelled you will still have funds. Contact your bank, credit card payments are easier to refund, debit card payments are 'pending' until transactions are complete, so your bank will cancel their side of the transaction so the payment will not be processed by the 2nd party, her side of the transaction.

I do ask for 50% deposits but only from guys who have wasted my time in the past. I find that 99.9% of my previous timewasters refuse to pay a deposit, however it stops them from wasting my time a 2nd time.

I know you said that your decisions were being made by parts of your body that were out of your control, my only advice is to choose more wisely the next time. If a girl keeps asking for more money & moving the goal posts, walk away.

If you decide to report her to the Police for fraud, I would suggest that you don't post that info on this or any other website as I'm sure if the girl knows that the Police are onto her, phone numbers & contact info will be changed.

Sandy x
    Last edited by Sexy Sandy 69; 27-04-15 at 09:53.
    In memory of an awesome woman Laura Lee RIP
    It's so difficult to articulate just how much she meant. Inspirational, brave and irreplaceable - our hero.
    Please do what you can for her daughter. Deeply appreciated.
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/glasgaelauralee

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sexy Sandy 69 For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (30-04-15), Curvaceous Kate (27-04-15), Mayfairsmoker (27-04-15)

3. Default

I have an update for you all, went to the bank, nothing can be done except by Visa. I've been advised to go to the police, however I think that could open a can of worms for the work ladies, and do not want to get on their wrong side.

Please advise, if any of the working girls advise me to go to the police I will, but only if they are happy for me to do so.

Also here is something very funny, before this all kicked off I happened to "Whatsapp" the lady in question, today she answered, with the exact same ploy, even using the same method of payment and email address. I think this confirms the laptop story was a load of BS. I declined under the pretence that I only paid in cash and other things to that effect.

I even rang her and she answered and spoke to me, as I attempted to make an appointment, unfortunately due to the high winds she asked me to communicate by text. So either she is so sure of herself that she thinks that she can con the same people over and over, or she is toon dumb to remember her own lies, or someone has cloned her phone and is intercepting all her messages and responding (giving her the benefit of the doubt, but highly unlikely).

4. Default

Hi Josephine,

Unfortunately the money went quite quickly, so was already gone by the time the bank was informed. What I've noticed is that she tries to be clever, but ends up being very rude. If you do not meet her demands she will block you from contacting her, by text anyway, because as a test I rang her mobile but witheld my number, she rejected it, but answered the phone to me when it was not witheld, likes to deal in texts and emails mostly. that way she can be a bit more brazen and hide her actual emotions. I pointed out a few things to her in a text and she I was being horrible and nasty, yet she is the one who provoked the reaction. She claims she got the money, but could not access it, yet when I checked it had already been taken. Her story is pausible, but unlikely because she anyone with a brain would have closed their account where the funds went to, and what she does not know is that her scam cannot work to that account anymore, because I raised the issue of fraud with the handler and they will not handle anymore money in to that account while this issue is pending. I told them 99% of the story, just left out the part that she was a working girl, just said that I had purchased services and that now she was claiming that she was not paid. They acknowledged that she had, and that she has a case to answer. Unfortunately that means involving the police, and the potential consequences for me, as even though I'm single, my employer might not like this.
    I think the first thing I really need to find out is, does this girl currently operate in Belfast? or does she operate on the British mainland and she is using Google street maps and view to put together her story.

Not sure, the money is all that I want, if I was sure that she was a working girl in Belfast and I could somehow get her to meet me without having to pay any sort of deposit I would turn up there with the police, cause the way I feel, the police would have to protect her from me.
    She is basically going to cause a shit storm in Belfast, and I would end up being the least of her worries, or the police for that matter.
    I know I'm ranting and raving, but what else can I do? Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just before someone says it.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfairsmoker View Post
    I know I'm ranting and raving, but what else can I do? Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just before someone says it.

No, NOTHING is what you should be doing!

WTF man??? Seriously, I tried to be sympathetic when others were calling you names but with each post you make I'm starting to agree with the others more and more.

You f**ked up, the money is most likely gone. As I have(& others) already told you, put it down to a bad experience, learn from it and move on! All this nonsense about calling from withheld numbers, then real numbers and trying to play some sort of game back as if to get revenge is pathetic and you'll probably end up worse off!

Just stop!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Devastator For This Useful Post:

Mayfairsmoker (28-04-15)

Reviews

Learn from it and move on.

The expression is you bought a pig in a poke.

This is like Irish loons buying property " off plans", site/sight unseen in the Celtic tiger days.
    Last edited by nonpareil; 28-04-15 at 03:12.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonpareil For This Useful Post:

joggon (28-04-15), Mayfairsmoker (28-04-15)

9. Default

ok, I leave it it hands of police and move on.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mayfairsmoker For This Useful Post:

11. Default

One last update, I have taken the advise given by all concerned and would like to apologise for my previous ranting. Hopefully this is the last time I have to put anything negative on this site, from now I've moved on and will never act so stupid again. Or until the next time. Thanks again for the support from all, and even the negative comments were helpful too, to getting me to move on. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast