Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
The best way to resolve this is for anyone who pays €250 for an hour so do yourself a favour. Dont go on about it endlessly on a forum, just go a book a flight for a weekend you are free to Madrid, Lisbon or the Algarve (€100 tops), pay for a nights hotel (€50 tops) and pay the standard €80 for an hour over there.

They are cool cities, good weather, great prices for food and beer and if you go once you'll never visit a girl here again.

I dont know if you visit a girl here once a week or once a month but if once a month, you quickly see you are going about it all wrong. You ARE getting ripped off, you cant control it here, go abroad and you'll wonder why you haven't been doing it all along.

How much did you spend in 2008

I only made the decision halfway through so i cant speak either. Break it down for a once a month 'great value' top marks weekend. No debate, no argument, no hassle, great offers (€149 for a weeks trip, all included) to be had and a standard €80 for an hour with no attitude and 90% great looking women.

I dunno how you approach it, do you decide off the cuff and ring a girl and in an hour you're there but if you are tired of the lottery of poor service and value then count up what you have spent in the last year and look realistically at what you might spend and make the choice. Cheaper music, clothes, food, drink, hotels, concert tickets, football games, everything .... and its 2 hours away. If you are in Dublin you travel on average an hour to get to a girl here.

Its not rocket science and if you can realise that jumping on a plane is like jumping on bus then you'll do the maths and do yourself a favour. I have given you the outside costs (i.e. you can get cheaper) and i have been doing it for six months.

Make the change

Point very well made - there is an even better method -

Get a girlfriend or wife that is your soul mate - be so much nicer and the warm glow of being someone that you love too........?????

Just another option there is more to life than punting - I dont get it - is it something in the guiness do you think??? xxx