Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: BBWs Are they by definition beautiful?

  1. #1

    Default BBWs Are they by definition beautiful?

    Or is it possible to be a big woman who isn't beautiful?

    A lot of hate going around for the Victoria's Secret Angels lately

    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-10177835.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-campaign.html

    I don't like to see it myself. I think they're grand.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    not here anymore.
    Posts
    12,323
    Reviews
    25

    Default

    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Real beauty is the person not the body.

    While I agree with both of the above and everyone's taste is different It would not exactly be my mantra.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

    Hugh ArYa (16-04-15)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    :o)
    Posts
    15,894

    Default

    And i've booked in for Lipo since this weeks comments from my number 1 fan.

    Loll

    Miss Sophie X
    Time and companionship

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to SophieX For This Useful Post:

    Hugh ArYa (16-04-15)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh ArYa View Post
    Or is it possible to be a big woman who isn't beautiful?

    A lot of hate going around for the Victoria's Secret Angels lately

    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-10177835.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-campaign.html

    I don't like to see it myself. I think they're grand.
    Interesting question. I think the phrase is a nice one personally, too often in society we shame people for not being the societal norm, particularly women. Fat shaming is seen as a safe thing to do, after all people who are seriously overweight are generally going to have health problems so there's the added frisson of pretending that it's all for their own good too. Win win.


    Or not. We all need to learn to look beyond the outer packaging to the soul within.
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 16-04-15 at 18:32.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

    Hugh ArYa (16-04-15), Klittyliker (16-04-15), The D Man (17-04-15)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    And i've booked in for Lipo since this weeks comments from my number 1 fan.

    Loll

    Miss Sophie X
    Maybe she's just doing a tit for tat angel, after all you seem obsessed with age. Now, if you feel like that after being called chubby, I wonder how that person feels? Bit of a vicious circle there.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    :o)
    Posts
    15,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Maybe she's just doing a tit for tat angel, after all you seem obsessed with age. Now, if you feel like that after being called chubby, I wonder how that person feels? Bit of a vicious circle there.

    Jeez, you're just as bad, Miss Argumentative….. I'm off for an outcall and there's no way i'm looking at this site on the Luas…. i already get funny looks for my fashion taste…..

    Laters Chuck…..



    Last edited by SophieX; 16-04-15 at 18:36. Reason: will read your comeback around 9 xx
    Time and companionship

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    Jeez, you're just as bad, Miss Argumentative….. I'm off for an outcall and there's no way i'm looking at this site on the Luas…. i already get funny looks for my fashion taste…..

    Laters Chuck…..



    Not at all Sophie, you brought the question up and I answered in a constructive way. I realise that bitchiness is more attractive the constructive answers though. Have fun on your outcall.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  11. #8

    Default

    Damn, no angry responses. Fail!
    I agree beauty comes in all sizes and mostly from within.
    It does seem a peculiar way for women's beauty industry to highlight this fact though, mainly by attacking another group of women. And seems to be particular to the women's beauty industry, and perhaps even women in general.
    Men seem to be able to look at a picture of Davids Gandy and Beckham in their underwear, acknowledge they're in good shape, and not feel opressed by the image. imo.

    I'm a slow typist. The angry responses did come, but not at me
    Last edited by Hugh ArYa; 16-04-15 at 18:42. Reason: I'm a slow typist

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    not here anymore.
    Posts
    12,323
    Reviews
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh ArYa View Post
    Damn, no angry responses. Fail!
    I agree beauty comes in all sizes and mostly from within.
    It does seem a peculiar way for women's beauty industry to highlight this fact though, mainly by attacking another group of women. And seems to be particular to the women's beauty industry, and perhaps even women in general.
    Men seem to be able to look at a picture of Davids Gandy and Beckham in their underwear, acknowledge they're in good shape, and not feel opressed by the image. imo.
    What I don't get is the Perfect model's body,I mean they are really to thin and not as attractive as they could be,Then teens are trying to diet to look like them sometimes at the risk to their health,why ohh why is this?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

    Hugh ArYa (16-04-15)

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh ArYa View Post
    Damn, no angry responses. Fail!
    I agree beauty comes in all sizes and mostly from within.
    It does seem a peculiar way for women's beauty industry to highlight this fact though, mainly by attacking another group of women. And seems to be particular to the women's beauty industry, and perhaps even women in general.
    Men seem to be able to look at a picture of Davids Gandy and Beckham in their underwear, acknowledge they're in good shape, and not feel opressed by the image. imo.

    Ah, but that's the thing you see. Women are conditioned almost from the moment they are born to be seen as 'pretty'. You only have to look at toys for children, even rhymes for children..it's all about how a girl looks. So then they grow up to become insecure and somewhat confused, competitive and small minded. It's a shame but you can't blame the women for it.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

    bettercallsaul (16-04-15), Hugh ArYa (16-04-15)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •