Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Moral judgements

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I disagree that the legalisation of selling cannabis is a 'success'. Although the rates of marijuana use have dramatically dropped in Colorado, the rate of fatal motor vehicle accidents of people under the influence of the drug has significantly increased, thought to be caused because of its easy availability and marketing:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsul...ike-a-bargain/
    Colorado has become a Mecca for pot users visiting to get a legal supply. So there
    are much more pot drivers there now. To be scientific, we would have to check was there
    a decrease in the areas where these tourists have flocked from.

Secondly, unlike Amsterdam, there are no cannabis cafes and public use is prohibited.
    Could this encourage people to smoke in their cars?
    The dramatic increase was in fatal drivers with metabolites. (Cannabis residues stay in a users
    system for about a month) and are not an indication the driver was high at the time of the incident.

There are people who want all this undone. $$$ drinks lobby etc
    Last edited by warmcome; 21-02-15 at 13:46.

Blog Entries

It's funny, when I was young and considering smoking, I wasn't considering if it was legal or not, but is it good for me as a person? Will it improve my life? Is it something I enjoy doing? I tried it and then weighed up the pro's and con's and decided against it. That was when I was 13.

I think perhaps people aren't being given enough credit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

warmcome (21-02-15)

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    Colorado has become a Mecca for pot users visiting to get a legal supply. So there
    are much more pot drivers there. To be scientific, we would have to check was there
    a decrease in the areas where these tourists have flocked from.

Secondly, unlike Amsterdam, there are no cannabis cafes and public use is prohibited.
    Could this encourage people to smoke in their cars?
    The dramatic increase was in fatal drivers with metabolites. (Cannabis residues stay in a users
    system for about a month and are not an indication the driver was high at the time of the incident.
    It could be that it's still a novelty, so rather than smoking drugs in their own homes out of sight, pot smokers might be of the mentality that they should be 'out' about it because it's not illegal, sort of embracing it. The thing is, people shouldn't be going to work high just as they shouldn't be going to work drunk, so that's something that will have to balance out and may well do over time. I have to assume that the law in Colorado would state that it is illegal to drink under the influence of drugs, and if that's the case, then they are still breaking the law in some capacity to the detriment of other road users.

Obviously there are positive impacts, such as ex-drug sellers moving to legitimate businesses since the legalisation, but it is early doors yet and this may be a transitional period before they move onto the 'new cannabis'. If it's illegal, it will generate money. It is too early to say if it is a success or a failure at this stage, but the point it that whatever laws are implemented, people will try to circumvent them to generate money.

Money is really the biggest drug that causes world issues. Money and power. Both corrupt.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

warmcome (21-02-15)

Reviews

Road safety is an area I have a lot of respect for. I will do more research into
    Colorado (but this evening), spot of lunch is in order.

I expected you would decriminalise marijuana but once the novelty wears of and that becomes 'the norm' and then people would start looking for something 'more taboo' that is manufactured on the black market, how would you tackle that? A lot of people smoke weed because it's naughty to do so.
    So make drugs legal, and then a lot of people will stop smoking it because it's not taboo any more. According to your logic...

Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
    So make drugs legal, and then a lot of people will stop smoking it because it's not taboo any more. According to your logic...
    Well, if that's how you read it, then I would question your logic. I am saying that if drugs were legalised, people would find something else that is illegal to experiment with.
    Last edited by samlad; 21-02-15 at 14:01.

Just for the record, I do think drugs should remain illegal too.

Reviews

Exclamation Thankyou from the criminal underword

Just for the record, I do think drugs should remain illegal too.
    $ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Last edited by warmcome; 21-02-15 at 16:38.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (21-02-15)

Reviews

Blog Entries

As horrendous as that attack was it was a robbery, not specifically for cigs, thats just want he stole!

Sick fucker though

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast