Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I see people with shit on their foreheads today.........

Reviews

i have seen good treads deleted here and this one mods??,i myself do not go to church,but i still have respect,

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tom rambo For This Useful Post:

Cosa Nostra (18-02-15), joggon (18-02-15), philipkntz (18-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tom rambo View Post
    i have seen good treads deleted here and this one mods??,i myself do not go to church,but i still have respect,
    Respect for what exactly? An organisation that to this day is still hiding and protecting rapists.Respect for a congregation that prays for forgivness and help to be a better person and then goes out and does the same shit they were looking forgivness for.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (18-02-15), madjack (18-02-15), xagerate (18-02-15)

Reviews

Whatever happened to "I strongly disagree with what youa re saying, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?

This thread may be offensive, but so what?

I agree with Stephen Fry,

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (18-02-15), jizrag (19-02-15), Vitruvian (18-02-15)

Reviews

I am giving up sweets for lent, only have to last til st patricks day

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    Respect for what exactly? An organisation that to this day is still hiding and protecting rapists.Respect for a congregation that prays for forgivness and help to be a better person and then goes out and does the same shit they were looking forgivness for.
    I have little respect for the organisation. I do have a lot of respect for individual members and their right to their beliefs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

Banger (18-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    I have little respect for the organisation. I do have a lot of respect for individual members and their right to their beliefs.
    No one is taking away their right to their beliefs, that doesn't mean though that we can't make comment about those beliefs. The catholic church and its followers have been pretty intolerant of other faiths, beliefs over the centuries.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (18-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    you are just looking at one side.thare a lot off good people you cant tar everyone with the one brush

Blog Entries

Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control.

Ricky Gervais quote

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (18-02-15), jizrag (19-02-15), justfrank44 (18-02-15), SmallHorn (18-02-15), Vitruvian (18-02-15)

Reviews

I couldn't respect an organisation who when discovered some clergy were raping kids,
    covered that up and sent them to a new parish in America or somewhere.

Having said that, the word sh*t was inappropriate and could cause offense, IMO.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

philipkntz (18-02-15)

Reviews

I'm not saying that we shouldn't coment on the beliefs of others. This thread could work quite well if one word in the title was changed to ashes.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast