Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurling 2015

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Just read your last 3 post and you like to analyse Galway alot, Why ?
    Do you not think maybe you should look at Limerick and they,re failings
    seeing as you see fit to use commas instead of apostrophes, i thought i could talk about galway when i want
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Reviews

Galway played some stuff in the 1st half but failed to show for the 2nd half....they were in a great position to really drive on but .........they hit a few bad wides too...think 12 in total...had they even got half of them......have'nt won it since 1988...27 yrs......as far away from it as ever now........

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    seeing as you see fit to use commas instead of apostrophes, i thought i could talk about galway when i want
    Again thanks for the English lessons.
    At least we have 3 hurling all-Ireland titles and 2 football title since Limerick last won one :
    Galway is spelt with a capital G
    Glass house and stones come to mind here
    Last edited by willie wacker; 06-09-15 at 22:58.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

4. Default

Galway just couldn't live with the intensity in the second half. Pity really as I thought they would definitely do it this year.
    Last edited by istabraq; 07-09-15 at 08:14.

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Again thanks for the English lessons.
    At least we have 3 hurling all-Ireland titles and 2 football title since Limerick last won one :
    Galway is spelt with a capital G
    Glass house and stones come to mind here
    you really have knocked me off my perch.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Reviews

Observations from yesterday

Excellent first half from Galway. Johnny Coen very lucky to have stayed on pitch. 12 wides over the course of the match not good. I said last week you can only have 2-3 wides against the cats.

What happened in Galway dressing room at half time. They came out in second half and it was as if they froze.

Kilkenny always try to squeeze teams and take a stranglehold. They succeeded in the second half. This meant that there was space elsewhere in the pitch. Galway needed to be aware of this space especially the wings. Place a long range shooter on the wing and keep scoreboard ticking.

Kilkenny have perfected and are continuing to do so their tight physical intense style.They have been at it for a long time now. Other teams have tried to copy it however they are not to the same level yet. In that style that Kilkenny use they are always running into space. They win the sliothar in the tight intense situations and see the player in space. Opposition players have been drawn to the sliothar so there is space for that runner they use.

When you are 3 -4 points up against Kilkenny you DRIVE ON. The killer instinct has to kick in. You keep working working. If they get level or a point ahead they wont let up.

Congratulations to Galway on the minor title. It is disappointing to lose another final but heads up Willie, Rodeoman and all other Galway lads. Good progress has been made this year. The Mannions, Jason Flynn, Conor Whelan will be better for the experience gained this year and can take it into next year.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (07-09-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    U21 final on saturday and a big day for both counties, i think this will be a close game and hard to call. Limerick have had a few tough games and that should stand to them, wexford wern't tested by antrim but hammered kilkenny earlier on. I think limerick to win by about 3pts. Good luck to both teams.
    Big game for both counties definitely. Starting with Wexford they are in their 2nd final in a row. Looking to go 1 better than last year. Very disappointed after losing

last year. Good campaign so far. Would not be reading too much into their semi final display. An All Ireland title is now needed for all the effort put in the county. It

would be a great boost. Limerick are building on their Munster minor successes from the last few years. Had really studied up on Clare for their Munster title success.

Should be an excellent game well worth watching. Hard enough to call. Wexford's need is greater I feel, however All Ireland titles are not just handed out. Big crowd

from both sides. Wexford to win very narrowly. There is also some very nice hurling played in the "B" final played beforehand. Seen these games over the last few

years and they were exciting and great passages of play and skill involved.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Congrats to Limerick on their All-Ireland win

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

11. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

The D Man (14-09-15)

Reviews

Congratulations to Limerick. Played very well. Wexford collapsed. The hype machine will get going again in Limerick. As Ketchup said major disappointment in Wexford it is as if they froze. Saw some of the B final as well. Some lovely passages of hurling and scores taken. Well done to Wicklow a great achievement for them.

Congratulations to Cork on winning the camogie All Ireland yesterday. They have some excellent players including the captain Aisling Thompson. I like her style

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (14-09-15)

Reviews

2 Cork ladies have 15 All- lreland Senior medals...9 Football & 6 Camoige..and going for another Football one this week end....some acheivement in any code of Sport...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to loveat1stfeel For This Useful Post:

The D Man (15-09-15)

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast