Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Naming names

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    The level of stigma and shame will remain huge especially for people living in smaller communities etc, u can imagine this
    being thrown in the face of ure kids at school the whispering behind ure partners / wifes back in the local shop, how would
    elderly parents from another generation deal with the shame of their offspring doing this, the list goes on.
    I dont think the novelty will wear off because we have a good track record in Ireland once sex is involved, shame and disgrace
    follows as night follows day.
    I am a foreigner , and perhaps do not grasp the depth of this issue in rural Ireland .

However , I do own a farm in rural Europe (village population 159 persons give or take depending if there's been any births

that year , or if any elderly sick had frozen to death that winter ...) , it is a very small community.

But I know from my experience in that village that as they say : every wonder , every miracle or scandal lasts only three days.

: a new scandal / gossip / happening will replace today's outrage.

Over there (nowadays , in this day and age) it does not carry from generation to generation.

Is it different here ?
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Check my posts.

Already been there.
    Did you ever thing about growing up and stop been so childish everything is not about you I did this I did that all your post about yourself self praise is no praise .

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to longjohnny For This Useful Post:

joggon (14-02-15), Lucy Chambers (14-02-15)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnny View Post
    Did you ever thing about growing up and stop been so childish everything is not about you I did this I did that all your post about yourself self praise is no praise .

So you've posted three times in the last two weeks , and two of those posts are to chastise me

(The third post was drop one keep one ?)

Your attention to me -- god forbid -- will make me think you care
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Yes we have on the spot fines for road traffic offences but it has to be part of the leglislation, in the case of this new bill there
    is no option of an on the spot fine it has to go to court. The penalties are a maximum fine of 500 e for a first offence and 1000e for second and subsequent offences.
    I hazard a guess here but my feeling is that the reasoning behind not having on the spot fines is that they see the court appearance as the detterent not the fine
    The other issue as I see it. Nothing will happen for about a year, and then all these cases will come to court. The law works so slowly in this country...There will be no way to know if it is being enforced due to the lenght it takes for a prosecutation

[QUOTE=Stephanie;1508768]

So you've posted three times in the last two weeks , and two of those posts are to chastise me

(The third post was drop one keep one ?)

Your attention to me -- god forbid -- will make me think you care [

Do you wont me to pm you every time i post so you can tell me if it ok and what thread i can post on are you a moderator i dont think so i will post on whatever thread i like you most certainly wont tell me what to do as i said grow go plough a field on your farm or something it will take away all your anger.
    Last edited by longjohnny; 15-02-15 at 11:22.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast