Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Naming names

Quote Originally Posted by HonestJosephine View Post
    Exactly but so many men do not seem to know this, I think it is worth pointing out to those who do not know
    Gah, most men still think we are breaking the law already. Not to worry though, I'm pretty sure anyone with any sense will educate their customers and keep a very low profile. I certainly won't be posting anywhere.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

OMG if I have to keep repating myself to the poor gents I may just put it sublimingly to the background music, but that would mean deleting my "She's brilliant, give her a huge tip" message

You could write a disclaimer and stick it one the wall. I think I have one somewhere if you need to cut and paste

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    They won't be doing any court cases if they collect fines. Please read this, it's the closest you will get to a good idea of how these things work already. The police will have to take their framework from current tactics, it's new for them

http://www.sexwork.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117523
    There is no provision in the bill for the police to "collect fines". I would think, they either have to bring you to court, possibly caution you, or just generally f**k you about. British and Irish law is different from Swedish law. In Sweden, the police can collect fines. Open to corruption, which is the reason it doesn't happen in any part of Ireland.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

bollocks (14-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    No x

Read above xx
    It was only a tongue in cheek reply .
    TBH I couldn't give a shit about all this hysteria surrounding new laws.
    (If I want to visit someone ,I will......................no one has the resources to camp outside an apartment waiting for me to make the occasional booty call anyway )

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (14-02-15)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    There is no provision in the bill for the police to "collect fines". I would think, they either have to bring you to court, possibly caution you, or just generally f**k you about. British and Irish law is different from Swedish law. In Sweden, the police can collect fines. Open to corruption, which is the reason it doesn't happen in any part of Ireland.
    We have on the spot fines in the UK already chick. You can be given an anti social fine, a fine for drinking in public, there are a few. I don't think you pay it there and then though, you go to the local station with the written notice. I would imagine you have a similar process here for speeding fines and so on.

We aren't Sweden, Norway. But if we are copying their legislation we might as well be.
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 14-02-15 at 12:57.

Reviews

Sadly yes, that is the perception.
    Thankfully we have ladies such as Kate McGrew and (i'm going to have to check spelling of Cs name apologises to the lady to try to make the truth known.
    I think the younger generation is changing and realising that what people want to do in private is their own business as long as it is consequential.
    In time bodily pleasures will be less of a guilt trip and less of an unnatural event which must be stopped outside of marriage to produce children.
    Has anyone asked Ruhama ( or the like ) , do they accept that some ladies actually independently and of their own free will to be a sex-worker ? Do they acknowledge this in any form ?

Reviews

Don't even think a fine can be paid in the police station, to prevent corruption, it has to be posted and handled by civil servants.
    Point is, Morrow's Bill has no provision for paying an on-the-spot fine, if the police wish to do anything other than simply mess you about, and Morrow has already stated he will be pushing for prosecutions, then they have to take you to court. Bad news = end up in court.
    (Less) good news = cannot brow-beat you into simply paying an on the spot fine, if it goes to court with legal representation, if it proves hard/impossble to prove they may back off. Of course if they do get a few successes it will encourage them.

Reviews

OMG if I have to keep repeating myself to the poor gents I may just put it sublimingly to the background music, but that would mean deleting my "She's brilliant, give her a huge tip" message
    I thought you already had them pre-conditioned to this before they even knock on the door . I'm already so won over that I don't think I need to visit you to find out.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bootboy For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Look, any sort of Court case would be a disaster first off. Guilty be association. Its the damage to loved one's that counts.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bootboy For This Useful Post:

bollocks (14-02-15)

Quote Originally Posted by bootboy View Post
    Has anyone asked Ruhama ( or the like ) , do they accept that some ladies actually independently and of their own free will to be a sex-worker ? Do they acknowledge this in any form ?

Yes. Apparently we are not representative of the average sex worker. They offered me some very nice biscuits though.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

liffey (16-02-15)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast