Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Obama ...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    "As images of President Obama and the first lady, Michelle Obama, with the new Saudi leader, King Salman, circulated online after their brief visit to Riyadh on Tuesday, commentators, observers watching from afar, seized on the fact that Mrs. Obama had not covered her hair during the audience with the new monarch."

We becry that 'they' come to our countries and don't respect our culture.

How then do we get to go to 'their' countries and not pay the most basic respect ?

Should we be tippy toeing around Muslim cultures , or just be 'ourselves' ?

When I travel the world , I make it my business to know local customs , and respect them !

Cover up , not wear pants , wear a headscarf if needed. Have a chaperone if must.

Mrs. Obama -- ??

It being politics , it is not by accident or coincidence. Sending a message ?

xx

Definitely politics at play here probably for both a domestic and foreign audience.

I don't think its too much to respect someone elses culture when in their country, how can you ask people to respect your culture if you're not willing to do the same (within certain limits obviously).

Chaperone lol, I'd say you've given chaperones a grey hair or two from time to time.

Last edited by Danny2011; 03-02-15 at 20:36.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny2011 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (05-02-15)

Reviews

Respect for customs and values is a 2 way street
    Most Muslims don't respect the values or customs of the countries they live in
    and try and force their own values on the societies they live in
    Example in Ireland include the religious aspect of the Angelus being diluted and the crib being taken out of St James Hospital.
    In Birmingham a Muslim controlled council wanted to Change the name of the Christmas season to the holiday season
    If they don't like the values of the country they live in let them fuck off back to their own country
    If their culture is such a paradise why do they all want to get the fuck as far away as possible from their homelands
    Last edited by happygolucky; 03-02-15 at 20:57.
    I am who I am and I am happy with who I am.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happygolucky For This Useful Post:

cp3o (05-02-15), Danny2011 (03-02-15), funlover12 (24-03-15), xagerate (03-02-15)

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Stephanie;1504430]Ha.

Thanks xxx

I had no idea . F

It just seemed inappropriate , perhaps in light of recent events -- Paris , etc. ; now Jordanian pilot apparently burned alive ..

But if that is so , and many years the same , why was it newsworthy that she hadn't covered her hair ? Xx

Because she is a black woman of power and the U.S media is owned by a small handful of cranky white men. They can't shoot her but they can drag her through the mud. It seems standard protocol for dealing with women of power, more so if a POC.

:/
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cassandra For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (05-02-15)

Reviews

Weeeell , if you don't like their rules , don't visit ?

Imagine someone coming to Ireland and going to mass in a bikini ?

Butchering a goat in the town square ?

Spitting on you ? Shi*ting in the street ? Grabbing your woman ?

Can't think of anything else x

Cultural differences -- would it be ok if they thought as you do ?

(Btw , of course I am absolutely pro woman and anti discrimination !! )
    You've obviously never been in Gorey on a Saturday night

8. The Following User Says Thank You to whoseyourdaddy For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (05-02-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post
    Definitely politics at play here probably for both a domestic and foreign audience.

I don't think its too much to respect someone elses culture when in their country, how can you ask people to respect your culture if you're not willing to do the same (within certain limits obviously).

Chaperone lol, I'd say you've given chaperones a grey hair or two from time to time.
    Made them faint lol !!

Was somewhat of a headstrong independent wild child -- backbone like a rod , never bend with whatever wind lol !
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
    You've obviously never been in Gorey on a Saturday night
    Afraid not x

What is in Gorey (what is Gorey ?) on a Saturday night ?

11. Default

What is in Gorey (what is Gorey ?) on a Saturday night ?
    Gorey is in Wexford. I've only been there once on a Saturday night with friends from college, just think of a mixture of Temple Bar and Harcourt St. in terms of drunkenness and 'attempted seduction of attached women' shall we say. I was there on a Bank Holiday though so it could have been just particularly bad that weekend.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CupOfTea For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (05-02-15)

Quote Originally Posted by happygolucky View Post
    Respect for customs and values is a 2 way street
    Most Muslims don't respect the values or customs of the countries they live in
    and try and force their own values on the societies they live in
    Example in Ireland include the religious aspect of the Angelus being diluted and the crib being taken out of St James Hospital.
    In Birmingham a Muslim controlled council wanted to Change the name of the Christmas season to the holiday season
    If they don't like the values of the country they live in let them fuck off back to their own country
    If their culture is such a paradise why do they all want to get the fuck as far away as possible from their homelands
    I totally agree !!

So it would follow : if foreign women are required to wear headscarf etc. in their (Muslim) countries ,

then their women should be required to not wear head coverings when they're in our countries ... Yes ?

Look how well that idea is working out in France ..

When is a wardrobe decision cultural (and could be restricted ?) , and when is it religious (in which case respect for

religions comes into play) ?

: Recently China has prohibited ppl who wear Muslim clothes , from using public transport. This in a restive

large Muslim minority region.

: How about if Muslim girls were prohibited from wearing headscarf to school , and a kid shows up wearing a cross ?

What about separation of Church and State ?

Leaving their country does not mean leaving their culture x

Why do they come ? Originally , I imagine for economic opportunities . The older (first) generation of immigrants tend

to be hard workers , trying to assure a better future for their children. Then the kids grow up .....

Whenever there's a large number of idle young men , trouble will follow : in US we have large areas of the country in

decline , high unemployment , no opportunities : young white kids with no prospects turn to neonazism , White Power etc.

Other kids turn to other gangs. Thank 'God' there is no uniting faith to bring them all together like !

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

funlover12 (24-03-15)

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfTea View Post
    Gorey is in Wexford. I've only been there once on a Saturday night with friends from college, just think of a mixture of Temple Bar and Harcourt St. in terms of drunkenness and 'attempted seduction of attached women' shall we say. I was there on a Bank Holiday though so it could have been just particularly bad that weekend.
    Hm.

'attempted seduction of attached women' -- plz elaborate ? Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Ha.

Thanks xxx

I had no idea . F

It just seemed inappropriate , perhaps in light of recent events -- Paris , etc. ; now Jordanian pilot apparently burned alive ..

But if that is so , and many years the same , why was it newsworthy that she hadn't covered her hair ? Xx
    Because she is a black woman of power and the U.S media is owned by a small handful of cranky white men. They can't shoot her but they can drag her through the mud. It seems standard protocol for dealing with women of power, more so if a POC.

:/
    So you think it was US media vilifying her because she is black , and not Arab media in an effort to foment strife ?

I do not know , why I'm asking xx

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast