Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Mega Brothel

Reviews

I wouldn't rush to watch it again.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    Ye lot think too much…. leave the maths to us…
    As I said before, there are 3 types of people in this world, those that can do math and those that can't

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

joggon (30-01-15), SophieX (30-01-15), TiffanyTees (30-01-15)

Excellent show, what about the hot tall looking girl with the big boobs, gym type body that was charging €55 for 1 hour session which included most favourites.

Even 30-40 men per week x 45 weeks,more sex in a year than most men have get in 20...I admire women how they can shag so much.

Quote Originally Posted by petebriquette View Post
    Not really if the girls here in Dublin saw 9 guys a day for 6 days a week = 54 x 50 euro = 2700 per week turnover. Take the girls costs out of that, Per Week Rent 450.00, Adveryise on EI = 350.00, costs incurred in the course of work ie. condoms,lubes, wipes etc. etc. 100.00 .Total 900.00 leaves bal of 1800.00 profit per week. Not great when you consider what they put up with .
    not to mention that Mr Taxman gets a large cut of it too

Blog Entries
    Reviews

It was a quiet sad programme to watch really, the 2 girls be it from their experience in prostitution or from the trauma in their early life
    seemed to have no sense of self worth what so ever. They seemed resigned to their lot and it really seemed a hard sad lonely life.
    From a health point of view it really cant be good to have to use an anasthetic cream so that sex can be endured without too much
    discomfort, definitely not a good long term prognosis id say
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    It was a quiet sad programme to watch really, the 2 girls be it from their experience in prostitution or from the trauma in their early life
    seemed to have no sense of self worth what so ever. They seemed resigned to their lot and it really seemed a hard sad lonely life.
    From a health point of view it really cant be good to have to use an anasthetic cream so that sex can be endured without too much
    Have to agree. This program made me feel sad for the two prostitutes interviewed, Josie and Felicity. Both have come from harsh backgrounds
    and both seem to have either fallen into or been coerced into prostitution. Neither of them seemed to be happy to be doing what they were.
    At least Josie was making an effort to educate herself and was actively looking for a way out of the industry.
    I guess what's happening in germany is a sex industry gone mad. An open sex industry in this instance has led to brothels embracing the capitalist model
    where the guys, or girls in this case, on the bottom rung of the ladder get exploited while the brothel owner lives in his mansion.
    But banning prostitution cannot work either as the industry will only go further underground and can become more dangerous than it already is.
    So what is the answer for Ireland. Is there a happy medium???
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, TRY AND TRY.......AH F**K IT, I GIVE UP

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith69 View Post
    So what is the answer for Ireland. Is there a happy medium???
    A happy medium! don,t know but I do believe the gov is going the wrong way about it and are in danger of driving it underground and into the hands of criminals.
    They should allow the girls to register as ligitimate business, ie selfemployed or a company between 2 ladies.
    They would pay their taxes and be under the full protection of the law, that,s just my opinion.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

10. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

tom sand (30-01-15)

11. Default

Yes, there is a happy medium. It's called the New Zealand Model.

At a minimum what the activists here want is to be decriminalised and to be allowed to work together with 2 or maybe 3 others. Big super-brothels (Germany) or even large brothels (Australia) put too much power in the hands of the owners.

And I wasn't impressed with the program either. As soon as people start quoting numbers (200,000 was it?) without evidence they've lost it. Someone needs to hook that girl Josie up with some SW rights activists. Yes honey, there are lots of prostitutes who talk about politics, some of them all day long

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liffey For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (20-03-15), Curvaceous Kate (30-01-15), Zealot7 (30-01-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    I don't actually agree. The one aspired to be a criminologist and the other one had faith in her ability to have a high earning potential, which I'm sure she had her own goals for. Yes they may have come from disadvantaged backgrounds or had experiences that coloured their future, but they were not letting it be their future, they both had aspirations and didn't see themselves being there for ever.

I think there is a difference between saying you are 'used' to seeing high numbers of clients, to saying that is all you are worth. She pushes herself because she aspires to have a future out of the sex industry, that does not mean the sex industry has been bad for her, as without it, she may not have afforded the aspirations she has today.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

johnsmith69 (31-01-15), liffey (31-01-15)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast