Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Disrespecting our President

Universal health insurance went out the door with OReily. Varadkar won`t touch it with a barge pole. Irish Water cannot use PPS numbers to collect money. They have to pursue any money they believe they are owed the same as E.S.B. Eircom etc through the courts. If you haven`t returned their form, even through that route the could have a problem convincing a judge they have a contract with you, and unlike E.S.B. etc.they cannot cut off your water supply. Or reduce it to a trickle as they were claiming in their bullyboy days before the protests put a bit of manners on them

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    didn't seem to be a big turn out by the no campaigners yesterday, anyone know
    I don`t think it matters really after the revelation of how few have returned Irish Waters pieces of paper, and even that is no indication of how many of those that did are willing, or even deemed liable to pay. Eurostat to hold any kind of credibility cannot pass this turkey as "off the books".

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    most people have registered for the water charges, its as usual the minority that dont want to pay ergo our president is truly a man of the people but you keep shouting away and marching in the rain with the rest of the anti pay for anything brigade.
    With the latest figures that had to be dragged out of Irish Water, you might want to review that post. LOL.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to redone7010 For This Useful Post:

atom (01-02-15)

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    IM afraid most here dont seem to understand the role the president has here, in actual fact if he hadnt signed it would have been worse in the long run. What would happen if he refused to sign it is that it would end up in the Supreme Court to decide if it was
    constitutional or not and seeing as it is a simple piece of leglislation there was no reason for the Supreme Court not to rubber stamp it that would be the end of the matter.
    The problem with that though is that as we have seen many times with other leglislation say in 10 or 15 yrs time an issue arises with it, there is then nothing that can be done as the Supreme Court have ruled on it and it can never be revisited.
    So the truth is the president cannot stop leglislation just refer it, if he had the power to stop it he would be the same as a dictator
    Wasn`t the problem he brought on himself the fact that that he refused to refer it to the Supreme Court.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    didn't seem to be a big turn out by the no campaigners yesterday, anyone know
    There was about 8,000 in cork, granted down on Novembers day, but momentum is growing again.further meetings been organised at local and national level

Reviews

If I were running this cuontry, I would have upped tax somewhere and address the issue
    with our archaic water infrastructure (saying fuck all to anyone) and everyone would be happier.
    Last edited by warmcome; 01-02-15 at 18:30.

Quote Originally Posted by redone7010 View Post
    Universal health insurance went out the door with OReily. Varadkar won`t touch it with a barge pole. Irish Water cannot use PPS numbers to collect money. They have to pursue any money they believe they are owed the same as E.S.B. Eircom etc through the courts. If you haven`t returned their form, even through that route the could have a problem convincing a judge they have a contract with you, and unlike E.S.B. etc.they cannot cut off your water supply. Or reduce it to a trickle as they were claiming in their bullyboy days before the protests put a bit of manners on them
    Apparently when they rewrote the thing again they put in a clause that unlike the esb etc,they did not need a contract with you,That was my point that Michael d had the option to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    If I were running this cuontry, I would have upped tax somewhere and address the issue
    with our archaic water infrastructure (saying fuck all to anyone) and everyone would be happier.
    If you spoke to members of the local authority who were previously in the water side of things they have said 50- 80 million tops to redo the whole country,that would cover all

10. The Following User Says Thank You to atom For This Useful Post:

warmcome (01-02-15)

Reviews

After all we've discovered about corruption and incompetence the last few years,
    I can scarcely believe the enormity of fuck up that is Irish Water? How had they the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    After all we've discovered about corruption and incompetence the last few years,
    I can scarcely believe the enormity of fuck up that is Irish Water? How had they the bottle?
    Typical government

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast