Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Disrespecting our President

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by atom View Post
    Michael d, said he was a president for the people he had his chance and blew it, he had an option of not signing it and resign the presidency yet with all his yap and protesting he done through the years he decided to keep his comforts..so fair balls to those that called him a parasite as that's all he is, a government muppet..
    IM afraid most here dont seem to understand the role the president has here, in actual fact if he hadnt signed it would have been worse in the long run. What would happen if he refused to sign it is that it would end up in the Supreme Court to decide if it was
    constitutional or not and seeing as it is a simple piece of leglislation there was no reason for the Supreme Court not to rubber stamp it that would be the end of the matter.
    The problem with that though is that as we have seen many times with other leglislation say in 10 or 15 yrs time an issue arises with it, there is then nothing that can be done as the Supreme Court have ruled on it and it can never be revisited.
    So the truth is the president cannot stop leglislation just refer it, if he had the power to stop it he would be the same as a dictator
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

Banger (30-01-15), nitram (02-02-15), pigsmickey (30-01-15), Vitruvian (30-01-15)

He simply doesn't want to rock the boat, personally I find him very annoying and he was never any use. You have to earn respect.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hunterhilman For This Useful Post:

atom (30-01-15)

I understand his role very well as as stated he could have resigned ,the peoples president me arse the water bill is another tax, so Ber don't think im stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    IM afraid most here dont seem to understand the role the president has here, in actual fact if he hadnt signed it would have been worse in the long run. What would happen if he refused to sign it is that it would end up in the Supreme Court to decide if it was
    constitutional or not and seeing as it is a simple piece of leglislation there was no reason for the Supreme Court not to rubber stamp it that would be the end of the matter.
    The problem with that though is that as we have seen many times with other leglislation say in 10 or 15 yrs time an issue arises with it, there is then nothing that can be done as the Supreme Court have ruled on it and it can never be revisited.
    So the truth is the president cannot stop leglislation just refer it, if he had the power to stop it he would be the same as a dictator

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    Water never should have been free (Unless you drill/pump/purify it yourself)
    Your income tax/road tax etc should always have been directed to Health,education,road building etc....never free water.
    That's why the health service (for one) is a disgrace yet the water supply system is equally as bad.
    The present fine gael labour government had a study done over two years ago result was it would cost 50 million to bring all the piping to standard and we get irish water at a cost of 700 million, and that's for a start.. I ADVISE ANYONE WHO CAN GET OUT AND PROTEST ON SAT JAN 31

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    You know where the river is so.

Westside.
    Mature.

So westside, you want free water , free health care , free education , free housing what else would you like .

Enlighten us all as to your economics policies ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Playitsam For This Useful Post:

Banger (30-01-15)

Reviews

I would like to see the the HEALTH SERVICE sorted, its vital, Ireland has slipped 14 places to 22nd as having the worst health care system out of 36 countries in recent years. its getting worse instead of better

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chez For This Useful Post:

Playitsam (30-01-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    I would like to see the the HEALTH SERVICE sorted, its vital, Ireland has slipped 14 places to 22nd as having the worst health care system out of 36 countries in recent years. its getting worse instead of better
    Unfortunately HSE is too dis functional to ever work properly and too big to dismantle

12. Default

There is a stack of people in Thailand in jail because they said the odd little disrespectful thing to the king and in most countries it's just not tolerated particularly Thailand

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Playitsam View Post
    Mature.

So westside, you want free water , free health care , free education , free housing what else would you like .

Enlighten us all as to your economics policies ?
    I didn't read all his posts, but I don't think he was advocating free anything , rather that these utilities were being paid for out of existing taxes, so why should more taxes be needed to pay for the same things.Sounds more like mis-management, which more taxes will not solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Louboutin Shoes Fetishlad View Post
    There is a stack of people in Thailand in jail because they said the odd little disrespectful thing to the king and in most countries it's just not tolerated particularly Thailand
    This is not Thailand, apparently free speech and right to protest exist in Ireland, which people have decided to exercise.You do not have to like it, but you do have to respect their right to do it.
    Last edited by justfrank44; 31-01-15 at 10:12.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    I think Michael D Higgins is a great ambassador to this county, just look at the other muppets that ran for president. Attachment 107272 But lets face it he's not a tall man!
    I agree he never had a shot at basketball but he is a great ambassador,assuming people can see him.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

warmcome (01-02-15), whoseyourdaddy (31-01-15)

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast