Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is anyone else getting 502 Bad Gateway Errors?

Reviews

The 502 Bad Gateway error is usually a network error between servers on the Internet, meaning the problem isn't typically with your computer or Internet connection.

However, it is possible that there's something wrong on your end. Work through those possibilities below.

Try loading the URL again by pressing F5 on your keyboard, or by clicking the refresh/reload button.

While the 502 Bad Gateway error is usually indicating a networking error outside of your control, it could be extremely temporary. Trying the page again will often be successful.

Start a new browser session by closing all open browser windows and then opening a new one. Then try opening the webpage again.

It's possible that the 502 error you received was due to an issue on your computer that occurred sometime during this use of your browser. A simple restart of the browser program itself could solve the problem.

Clear your browser's cache. Outdated or corrupted files that are being stored by your browser could be causing 502 Bad Gateway issues.

Removing those cached files and trying the page again will solve the problem if this is the cause.

Delete your browser's cookies. For similar reasons as mentioned above with cached files, clearing stored cookies could fix a 502 error.

Note: If you'd rather not clear all of your cookies, you could first try removing only those cookies related to the site you're getting the 502 error on. It's best to remove them all but it won't hurt to try the clearly applicable one(s) first.

Start your browser in Safe Mode. Running a browser in Safe Mode means to run it with default settings and without add-ons or extensions, including toolbars.

If the 502 error no longer appears when running your browser in Safe Mode, you know that some browser extension or setting is the cause of the problem. Return your browser settings to default and/or selectively disable browser extensions to find the root cause and permanently fix the problem.
    Last edited by Rocker123; 29-01-15 at 00:52.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rocker123 For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (29-01-15), Petros (29-01-15), tom sand (29-01-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker123 View Post
    The 502 Bad Gateway error is usually a network error between servers on the Internet, meaning the problem isn't typically with your computer or Internet connection.

However, it is possible that there's something wrong on your end. Work through those possibilities below.

Try loading the URL again by pressing F5 on your keyboard, or by clicking the refresh/reload button.

While the 502 Bad Gateway error is usually indicating a networking error outside of your control, it could be extremely temporary. Trying the page again will often be successful.

Start a new browser session by closing all open browser windows and then opening a new one. Then try opening the webpage again.

It's possible that the 502 error you received was due to an issue on your computer that occurred sometime during this use of your browser. A simple restart of the browser program itself could solve the problem.

Clear your browser's cache. Outdated or corrupted files that are being stored by your browser could be causing 502 Bad Gateway issues.

Removing those cached files and trying the page again will solve the problem if this is the cause.

Delete your browser's cookies. For similar reasons as mentioned above with cached files, clearing stored cookies could fix a 502 error.

Note: If you'd rather not clear all of your cookies, you could first try removing only those cookies related to the site you're getting the 502 error on. It's best to remove them all but it won't hurt to try the clearly applicable one(s) first.

Start your browser in Safe Mode. Running a browser in Safe Mode means to run it with default settings and without add-ons or extensions, including toolbars.

If the 502 error no longer appears when running your browser in Safe Mode, you know that some browser extension or setting is the cause of the problem. Return your browser settings to default and/or selectively disable browser extensions to find the root cause and permanently fix the problem.
    Thankyou rocker x x x
    Live and let live life is to short

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Melindablondey For This Useful Post:

Rocker123 (29-01-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker123 View Post
    [B]
    However, it is possible that there's something wrong on your end.
    Yeah! That's why I thought I'd ask if anyone else was experiencing the same error — that would rule out a problem at my end
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Petros For This Useful Post:

Rocker123 (29-01-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Petros View Post
    Yeah! That's why I thought I'd ask if anyone else was experiencing the same error — that would rule out a problem at my end
    In special circumstances (Such as an imminent booking with a sexy new lady) you are welcome to pop around and use the PC.
    Other than that ,suck it up and go to bed

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

Petros (29-01-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    In special circumstances (Such as an imminent booking with a sexy new lady) you are welcome to pop around and use the PC.
    Other than that ,suck it up and go to bed
    Thanks for that most generous of offers — I shall keep it in mind

Reviews

Got that a few times to-night myself

11. The Following User Says Thank You to libra For This Useful Post:

Petros (29-01-15)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12