Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Blood tests

  1. #1

    Default Blood tests

    Hello

    I was to go down to the drop in STD clinic at the end of the month but had been feeling very tired lately so my doctor has booked me in for several blood tests which includes cholesterol etc at his surgery next week.
    Are all blood tests the same, I mean if I go for my doctor's ones they will do instead of travelling for the other at the clinic

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Hello

    I was to go down to the drop in STD clinic at the end of the month but had been feeling very tired lately so my doctor has booked me in for several blood tests which includes cholesterol etc at his surgery next week.
    Are all blood tests the same, I mean if I go for my doctor's ones they will do instead of travelling for the other at the clinic

    No, they aren't lookng for the same things, you will need to go to both appointments.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

    PhilipAlford (20-01-15)

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    No, they aren't lookng for the same things, you will need to go to both appointments.
    I know my doctors has five on the list but scribbled and not sure what they are, I thought it would show up in these but now i know..thank you

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    planet earth
    Posts
    427
    Reviews
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Hello

    I was to go down to the drop in STD clinic at the end of the month but had been feeling very tired lately so my doctor has booked me in for several blood tests which includes cholesterol etc at his surgery next week.
    Are all blood tests the same, I mean if I go for my doctor's ones they will do instead of travelling for the other at the clinic
    you can get tested for several things with just the one vile of blood to ask otherwise it will cost you more each time

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    18,967
    Reviews
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Hello

    I was to go down to the drop in STD clinic at the end of the month but had been feeling very tired lately so my doctor has booked me in for several blood tests which includes cholesterol etc at his surgery next week.
    Are all blood tests the same, I mean if I go for my doctor's ones they will do instead of travelling for the other at the clinic
    Ya he will prob take afew vials of blood for testing and ask him about STD.
    Get him to do a iron test as well for HH
    http://www.haemochromatosis-ir.com/w...romatosis.html
    http://www.haemochromatosis-ir.com/w...-symptoms.html
    If your tired a lot this could be the problem


    " WE ARE CONNACHT "

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bendmychasis View Post
    you can get tested for several things with just the one vile of blood to ask otherwise it will cost you more each time
    I really hate the needle, have fainted once before and now have to lie on the bed, really hate it

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    I know my doctors has five on the list but scribbled and not sure what they are, I thought it would show up in these but now i know..thank you

    The problem with that is the doctor is in place to look for general health, the gum clinic is screening for sexual health. Even if your blood is fine there are other tests that need to be performed.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

    jekyl (19-01-15)

  10. #8

    Default

    Is it procedure to check your willy at std clinic as last time I was down she checked mine but was told this usually doesn't happen

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    You can ask your local doctor to have the exact same tests done as they do in the Gum (Sexual health) Clinics, you just need to ask. That's what I do. Only difference is the Gum will give you preliminary results for the obvious one straight away and follow on with the confirmed results which you have to go collect, with the doctor you have to wait.

  12. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    The problem with that is the doctor is in place to look for general health, the gum clinic is screening for sexual health. Even if your blood is fine there are other tests that need to be performed.
    Theres me think if something not right it would show up in the blood

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •