Thread: Charlie Hebdo Magazine 14/01/2015

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Further :

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    why does all free speech seem to revolve around dissing Allah?

are their not other areas where freedom is denied?
    Bah . Laughable .

Would be laughable , except they're going around murdering any and all who disagree with them.

Every country at some point or another has had a discussion on the extent of , and limits to freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech in US also extends to the freedom to burn The Flag. Think on that . Cartoon , flag.

Free speech extends so far in fact , that it's only limited to prohibiting yelling Fire in a crowded theatre ,

or if it is deemed that a person is intent to encite violence , he/she may be prevented from giving a speech.

US govt's power extends to having the authority to take someone into (temporary) custody , if it's felt that the person's

mere presence at an event may cause havoc. (NeoNazi rallies etc. , hate speech , rally to violence , etc. )

There ARE , and there SHOULD BE limits on free speech (imo) in all societies , but the caveat should be on benefiting the majority.

Free speech should never be silenced by terror or by threat of terror , may that threat be from terrorists , or govt.

Flag burn : http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_desecration
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Vitruvian (15-01-15), warmcome (15-01-15)