Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homeless .. at XMas time xx watch !

Unhappy Tear Jerker :(

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

..and at this Season : when was the last time you did something helpful , nice , selfless , altruistic for a stranger ? xx

What a hard and extremely difficult time for those of us less privileged l, thankfully I've a warm comfortable home, awesome family and super awesome friends and loved ones..

I gave a donation to a young lady who was begging in the Italian quarter, Dublin, who was suffering from polio, had her young daughter recently taken into state care., how sad at this time of year ( but as we know social workers don't do this easily, through assessments conducted and the child was most definitely at risk)... ,Harrowing story all the same,that brought tears to both mine and my 7 year old nieces eye. Her daughters name is still stuck in my head , so sad!!!

How lucky are we!! Some people may argue that it's their own doing (addicts, alchololics etc) whether it is or not, it's the season of good will and everybody deserves at least one happy day of the year regardless......

I wish all of you wonderful people a fantastic few days.

Please remember those less off and keep them in your thoughts at this time of the festive season .., thanks to all you sexy ladies and fab, genuine, honest and fun loving men I've met this year for being such sweethearts, you all know who you are lads and lassies :flowers:

I felt it paramount, to contribute to Stephanie's altruistic thread

See you all after the party season xxxx
    STRONG PEOPLE DON'T PUT OTHERS DOWN, THEY LIFT THEM UP♡♡
    Strong minded, Classy, Intelligent Playmate Back In Town

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Irish Leigha For This Useful Post:

mature abby (26-12-14), Melindablondey (26-12-14), Stephanie (26-12-14), Vitruvian (26-12-14), willie wacker (25-12-14)

Blog Entries

A few Weeks a go we had a really freezing day and it was early morning. I was on the way to the bank to make a deposit and walked past a youngish couple who were sat on the floor with nothing but a blanket to keep them warm. I felt cold in my nice warm coat and I know how cold it is to sit on concrete, so I asked them if they would like a hot drink.

I'm not sure where they were from, but the man was putting his hand to his mouth, so I asked him if he wanted food and he said yes, so I got them something hot from the cafe to help warm them up.

The food in the cafe looked lovely and I hadn't eaten myself, so it was tempting to stop and eat, but I was too busy and had things to do.

I've also been to visit my old neighbour from back home who is widowed and in her 80's. She is a lovely woman and I really enjoy spending time with her. She was not doing so great last year as her dog was poorly and she was sad, but this year she was really up beat and she had a new dog she got from a rescue home. Thankfully she has a lot of family and I think she said she had 54 Grandchildren and great grandchildren in all, so she will never be lonely, but I still like to check when I go back, as she and her husband were really good to me when I moved in next door with a small boy.

It's good to have your eyes open and notice the people around you. Apart from reminding you that there are other people in the world, it also reminds you that what ever life throws at you, someone else is coping with much worse and be glad of what you have.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (26-12-14), tom sand (26-12-14), Vitruvian (26-12-14)

Reviews

Happy Christmas kate

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (26-12-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    How very cynical. I feel bad for you.

A very merry XMas to you , and may unfettered joy find its way to your heart.
    Hey don't shoot the messenger but if you look at when he switches camera angles at the 3 minute mark. Either he had a 2nd cameraman or that 1 cameraman moves at lightning speed. The homeless guy didn't even flinch when the camera moved up close. Also, the guy in the hoodie switches positions when the camera angle switches that and that video made the maker about 100,000 dollars at this stage ,its a postive message thought although a bit patronizing to the audience in my opinion but every one has different ones I guess its a better message than the kissing pranks where the guy gropes and half rapes the girl
    Last edited by naturis; 26-12-14 at 01:33.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguyshyguy12 View Post
    Jaysus man, God help anyone that needs help and you walk past.
    hold on now there now mate I helped my family out many many times with money problems ,if the guy is genuine I would help me him but i'm not a moron or a sheep and never will be and i'm not going to contribute to 100,000 dollar video to fill the makers pockets got through deceit thanks but if you believe it real fine good for you its a nice video to you
    Last edited by naturis; 26-12-14 at 01:52.

Quote Originally Posted by alverton04 View Post
    i will try give more to these guys , however i don't like giving to foreign people , ignoring them is the worst thing u can do.
    Homeless

We are all the same, no, it's not just about money, it's about dignity, aspirations and a need to have a belief, In yourself !!. I know.
    Most people don't realise how close this situation can be.
    Wanna really help ?
    Then share with them your weakness !!

*** miss you on this one LH, hope you are in a good place.

OK, look I don't know you, this is a forum after all,but based on your comments it would seem you wouldn't help a stranger unless you knew they were genuine and that would be hard to prove.
    When I give money to someone begging, are they going to buy drugs,, probably, but I feel it's the right thing to do when I can afford it.
    How do you know the video makers got 100k?
    in a small town its pretty easy to prove when you see the same foreign guy getting the dole in post office aswell as well as begging but thats another story i'm sure there is plenty of genuine people and thats a once off but look up http://www.wikihow.com/Earn-Money-on-YouTube thats how I know mate, the more views you get the more money you make from a grand to well this video got 20 milllion views so work it out yourself and his other videos they look better than a movie studio all the videos from pranks where a guy abuses another guy ,guys groping/half raping girls ,bullshitting guys fake staged god knows what its all to get a reaction , get views and easy money for the makers actors who are lucky enough for people to latch on to a gimick some Irish youtubers can't remember the name of the channel are getting 100,000 a year and just videos of her cleaning the house and feeding the baby kind of crazy when you think about it but thats the world we live in but if a real genuine video came along i'd be more than admire it but this is far from it

There was no ad's on that video, so there is no basis for your 100k
    Ughh if you don't understand that link then I dunno man you may do more research I'm not going to spend all day explaining it to you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tom sand View Post
    Happy Christmas kate
    Happy Christmas Tom x

I understood the link, your wrong. For 2015 try to come down from your high horse.
    how could I be wrong if you read the link ugh maybe if people weren't stupid for 2015 that would be great

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast