Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best website to get sport supplements ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Don't despair . If you keep working it , you will work through your plateau . No need to get fancy , just keep at it.

It happens to everyone : losing weight , building muscle , toning , you go through spurts and slows -- inevitably.

Most people get discouraged and give up. Others get fancy and desperate. No need.

Just keep working out to your pleasure , and the gains will come. You don't want quick results , those'd be fading.

Keep it steady , and eat well : protein and veg ; some fruit.

No carbs (unless do a quick pasta before a strenuous workout. But I wouldn't) .
    But don't you need carbs for energy in the gym and muscle recovery hun ? I tried no carbs I have absolutely no energy or no pump or sex drive well it was a bit low haha but I know you get really cut but I could not stick it I was hungry all the time and felt like I was getting weaker and smaller its a catch 22 i'd like to get bigger but control the waist I eat loads of carbs in the morning veg with dinner ,potatoes or rice if i'm on the farm or boxing and rice before I workout and bannas and sweet potaotes after is all the carbs I have but i'm guessing its too much

Quote Originally Posted by naturis View Post
    But don't you need carbs for energy in the gym and muscle recovery hun ? I tried no carbs I have absolutely no energy or no pump or sex drive well it was a bit low haha but I know you get really cut but I could not stick it I was hungry all the time and felt like I was getting weaker and smaller its a catch 22 i'd like to get bigger but control the waist I eat loads of carbs in the morning veg with dinner ,potatoes or rice if i'm on the farm or boxing and rice before I workout and bannas and sweet potaotes after is all the carbs I have but i'm guessing its too much
    Eeewww potatoes !!

Never mind I like potatoes , but they're not your friend working out.

I do well without carbs , it's all a matter of what you're used to. Since my early 20s I just naturally gravitated towards

a protein diet. For me it's natural : no bread , no pasta , no potatoes , no high sugar anything.

Plenty of info online. Look into it. : read a lot , do your research , don't believe everything you read ,

and you just need to find what your body prefers : whatever is ideal for me , may not be for you. Experiment.

As I said before , a bowl of pasta before workout may give you that extra push , but after workout it's defo protein time.

Good luck.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Ten years ago at the height of my rock climbing days , I used to start my day at 6am with a can of tuna.

That would carry me through hard climbing 'till noon-ish. And I mean hard climbing.

It's only a matter of how you train your body.

After the morning session I'd take a 'siesta' , have some Thai (rice and chicken or shrimp or beef or etc. ) ,

then go back and climb some more before sundown. Dinner usually would be fish. Daytime snacks : fruit.

Do it six days , then have a rest day.

Was awesome.

Looking to get back to it x

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Eeewww potatoes !!

Never mind I like potatoes , but they're not your friend working out.

I do well without carbs , it's all a matter of what you're used to. Since my early 20s I just naturally gravitated towards

a protein diet. For me it's natural : no bread , no pasta , no potatoes , no high sugar anything.

Plenty of info online. Look into it. : read a lot , do your research , don't believe everything you read ,

and you just need to find what your body prefers : whatever is ideal for me , may not be for you. Experiment.

As I said before , a bowl of pasta before workout may give you that extra push , but after workout it's defo protein time.

Good luck.
    have you done personal training hun ? you know your stuff I know men and womens bodies are totaly different I do lift heavy weights and box but maybe easing off the carbs might be a good idea maybe just after the workout and a little bit before that way it is around the workout and I can still increase my lifts ,eat more almonds and stuff for fats heard its good for testosterone nd stuff see how it goes after xmas though hahaha tomo it will go to shit haha , I have looked online aswell so many contradictions , anyway I might ask you for more adivce again ,merry xmas hun
    Last edited by naturis; 25-12-14 at 03:57.

have you done personal training hun ? you know your stuff I know men and womens bodies are totaly different I do lift heavy weights and box but maybe easing off the carbs might be a good idea maybe just after the workout and a little bit before that way it is around the workout and I can still increase my lifts ,eat more almonds and stuff for fats heard its good for testosterone nd stuff see how it goes after xmas though hahaha tomo it will go to shit haha , I have looked online aswell so many contradictions , anyway I might ask you for more adivce again ,merry xmas hun
    Anytime

And yeah , almonds , walnuts , peanuts , great energy boost , will carry you for a while.

For an even quicker 'lift-me-up' boost , mix in some raisins. If you're faltering , OJ.

And no booze !!!

It all depends on what your goal is : for climbing , my optimal was lean muscle .

If you wanna bulk up and get gnarly pumped muscles , your regime would be different.

I aim for healthy above all else.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

OpenMindOllie (25-12-14)

Reviews

Creatine is crap and so are most of the others, I give these mickey mouse supplements up years ago, I stuck to a very good diet with lots of protein and worked harder in the gym and pleased with the results.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genie in a Bottle For This Useful Post:

OpenMindOllie (25-12-14), Stephanie (25-12-14), TonyB (25-12-14)

Reviews

Fuck the supplements, they are marketing crap.

Stick to the stuff Stephanie recommends.

Whole foods and consistent work outs will get results.

Supplements are part of the quick fix culture.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OpenMindOllie For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (25-12-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Genie in a Bottle View Post
    Creatine is crap and so are most of the others, I give these mickey mouse supplements up years ago, I stuck to a very good diet with lots of protein and worked harder in the gym and pleased with the results.
    I actually found creatine to work its one of the few genuine articles it has increased my strength and size but you have to cycle it and drink alot of water which you should anyway and its scientifcally proven and used but athletes
    Last edited by naturis; 26-12-14 at 01:48.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenMindOllie View Post
    Fuck the supplements, they are marketing crap.

Stick to the stuff Stephanie recommends.

Whole foods and consistent work outs will get results.

Supplements are part of the quick fix culture.
    yeah they supplement the whole foods steriods are a quick fix you could take supplements till the cows come home they are not a quick fix

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast