Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russian ruble ... Want to buy some

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by talkabout View Post
    The recent(probably temporary)drop in the price of crude oil-due to OPEC's refusal to cut production and America's production of oil and gas from the environmentally dubious fracking-are also hitting Russia hard .Even if much of the population swung against Putin ,his grip on power is such that he would probably remain and if he were replaced he would be replaced by s'thing similiar.
    Dictators and strong men have always ruled Russia and China (or a strong central control party )To be otherwise they could collapse in chaos as Westerners racently found in N. Africa and the Middle East.To offer democracy to people who have never had it often leads to chaos or a return eventually to the old ways of leadership.Russia had a Tsar ,had a revolution and go dictators(new Tsars)
    We had a Westminster parliament ruling Ireland,1919 to 1921 rebellion,then a Dublin parliament ruling most of Irl. and prob. based on Westminster.
    All revolutions betray themselves and eventually go back to what was there before.
    You are so right...We need to form a new party in Ireland.....Can you help?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bollocks For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (19-12-14)

Quote Originally Posted by talkabout View Post
    The recent(probably temporary)drop in the price of crude oil-due to OPEC's refusal to cut production and America's production of oil and gas from the environmentally dubious fracking-are also hitting Russia hard .Even if much of the population swung against Putin ,his grip on power is such that he would probably remain and if he were replaced he would be replaced by s'thing similiar.
    Dictators and strong men have always ruled Russia and China (or a strong central control party )To be otherwise they could collapse in chaos as Westerners racently found in N. Africa and the Middle East.To offer democracy to people who have never had it often leads to chaos or a return eventually to the old ways of leadership.Russia had a Tsar ,had a revolution and go dictators(new Tsars)
    We had a Westminster parliament ruling Ireland,1919 to 1921 rebellion,then a Dublin parliament ruling most of Irl. and prob. based on Westminster.
    All revolutions betray themselves and eventually go back to what was there before.
    I beg to differ and dare say we made out alright.

http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/featu.../timeline.html
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (19-12-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolution

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (19-12-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    It's nice to see French and Americans once again appreciating each other.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    You are so right...We need to form a new party in Ireland.....Can you help?
    No unfortunately I'm not a politician,a potential fascist-yes.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

I rephrase what I said-revolutions do not necessarily betray themselvs by going back to what was there before but instead adopt something similiar to what was there before.Americans may assume that 1776 is the year dot but the "founding Fathers"were steeped in British culture of the day and much of their ethos originated in British culture

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    The French revolution deposed a king and produced an e.mmperor in Napoleon who led yhem to defeat and disaster inEgypt ,Trafalgar ,Moscow and Waterloo.A pre-Hitlerite Hitler but perhaps with less of an industrial killing machine.

Reviews

Just looking at Stephanie's tagline/signature ,I modify it to describe me&

I do what I want because I'm a bollix.

Different spelling out of deference to the real Bollocks.

12. Default

It's nice to see you guys so "concerned" about Russia, but take a break.. Russians been though worse.. What i find funny is that everyone in the west hates Putin so much, and wants him gone..without ever realizing that if Putin goes and west fails to install their puppet (Hodorkovsky/Navalni) instead, the guy who will come next will be far better for Russia, and far worse for the west D You know why Putins rating are falling right now? Not because of the sanction, or because of the crisis, but because he fails to return full sovereignty to Russia, by nationalizing Central Bank, and going out of the dollar system.The next guy will do it.. BTW the second most popular candidate after Putin is Ziuganov, the leader of communist party

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RadX89 For This Useful Post:

Ramone (20-12-14)

14. Default

And another thing..as an economist i can tell you the global financial system, that was established in 1940s during Breton-Woods conference, and changed a little bit during Jamaican conference is coming to an end.. There will be depression worse than the one in 1920s.. So enjoy the company of these beautiful girls while you can. Soon you won't have any money for it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RadX89 For This Useful Post:

Ramone (20-12-14)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast