Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 years of Playstation

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    bingo, half of it was about the killer soundtrack though that said flying in one of the fast ones when you went through one of the turbo rings/gates and controlling it full speed without crashing for over 15 seconds was a high that needed to be experienced to be believed, Im sure it would be illegal in a number of states
    So true, the two games I bought with my first Playstation were Tomb Raider 2 and Wipeout. Both provided hours and hours of entertainment. Wipeout as you say had an awesome soundtrack (think I can remember Chemical Brothers).

My all time favourite games on the original console were Soul Blade, Metal Gear Solid, and the original Gran Turismo (hate to think how many hours I spent on that game).

Reviews

the original GTA's so funny bursting through the streets in a fast car and squishing people under the wheels what a noise, gragging people out of cars and beating the shit out of them, so funny, Id usually just go on killing spree and just feck the missions!

oh and the classic driving game, gran tourismo, a soooo realistic driving simulator that one, plus colin maccrae rally, hours of fun.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

tom sand (19-12-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Klittyliker View Post
    So true, the two games I bought with my first Playstation were Tomb Raider 2 and Wipeout. Both provided hours and hours of entertainment. Wipeout as you say had an awesome soundtrack (think I can remember Chemical Brothers).

My all time favourite games on the original console were Soul Blade, Metal Gear Solid, and the original Gran Turismo (hate to think how many hours I spent on that game).

oh MGS forget that one, loved that one, such a clever game, remember the way you beat psycho mantis? you had to take out and change the controller to the other unused port! loved the thinking involved to get through the puzzles, lateral thinking especially, eg using diazapalm to calm your breathing so you got a better sniper shot, or using cigarettes to see the invisable infrared alarm beams when you didnt have the goggles yet...its all coming back!
    Last edited by funlover12; 18-12-14 at 22:33.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

Klittyliker (18-12-14), tom sand (19-12-14)

Reviews

oh MGS forget that one, loved that one, such a clever game, remember the way you beat psycho mantis? you had to take out and change the controller to the other unused port! loved the thinking involved to get through the puzzles, lateral thinking especially
    Yeah, I think that was the first game I ever played where you actually had to think about what you were doing, sneaking around rather than shooting everything in sight.

I can remember spending a whole Christmas trying to complete it!!!

Reviews

Yeah, I think that was the first game I ever played where you actually had to think about what you were doing, sneaking around rather than shooting everything in sight.

I can remember spending a whole Christmas trying to complete it!!!
    is so much more fun than

8. The Following User Says Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

Klittyliker (18-12-14)

Reviews

oh and the classic driving game, gran tourismo, a soooo realistic driving simulator that one, plus colin maccrae rally, hours of fun.
    These two started my addiction to driving games.

The thrill of setting a new fastest time (usually when you weren't really concentrating) and then the frustration of spending the rest of the day trying to beat it!!!

Reviews

Last edited by funlover12; 18-12-14 at 22:55.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

Klittyliker (19-12-14)

Reviews

These two started my addiction to driving games.

The thrill of setting a new fastest time (usually when you weren't really concentrating) and then the frustration of spending the rest of the day trying to beat it!!!
    yeah just being 'in the zone' and clicking down the laps and almost automatically without thinking to much about how if you fuck this corner your lap is fucked..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

Klittyliker (18-12-14)

Quote Originally Posted by rebelscouse View Post
    Game of the PlayStation era has to be Grand Theft Auto San Andreas brilliant graphics and unreal soundtrack
    That game is worth having just for the soundtrack alone

Reviews

the original GTA's so funny bursting through the streets in a fast car and squishing people under the wheels what a noise, gragging people out of cars and beating the shit out of them, so funny, Id usually just go on killing spree and just feck the missions!

yep
    GTA when it was only dots on the screen

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

funlover12 (19-12-14), Klittyliker (19-12-14)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast